< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: FFL Holder to ship pistol  (Read 877 times)

Offline rammerjammer

• Forum Member
FFL Holder to ship pistol
« on: June 21, 2016, 05:31:44 PM »
I am looking to sell a pistol on Gunbroker but am having a heck of a time finding an FFL holder in the Omaha Metro that will complete FFL transfers for sellers to ship. 

Any suggestions for an FFL holder that will ship a pistol for a seller at a reasonable cost would be appreciated.

Thanks

*I hope I have started this thread in the proper section. If not please feel free to move to the appropriate location.*

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
Re: FFL Holder to ship pistol
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 05:54:28 PM »
Have you tried Gunbroker's own FFL finder or the one on Aim Surplus? I have been told good things about Four Aces on North 30th Street. Aim Surplus says they only charge $15.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 06:20:19 PM »
Or you could try Smith Arms & Ammo in Ashland who has posted here before offering good rates for NFOA members.

http://www.smitharmsandammo.com/

"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 08:41:20 PM »
Howzabout the NFOA Forum's own LeeM.

You can PM him directly from this forum.

Or you can call him directly on 402 990-3490.

He's not very far from Cabelas in LaVista.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline rammerjammer

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 08:51:30 PM »
thanks for the suggestions.

Keep em coming if you got em

Offline CustomSatellite

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 09:22:08 AM »
I know this is an old thread but I'd like to add FWIW that anyone can ship a firearm to any FFL without another dealer as a go-between. I understand there may be specific reasons to use a dealer such as proof of condition of the firearm prior to shipping or possibly dealing with a questionable buyer for which gunbroker has many but generally speaking it isn't required or necessary. Further, the reason most dealers don't want to be involved in this is they are familiar with gunbroker issues and don't want to be involved in the mix if the buyer decides to become difficult or even if an issue arises with the shipment not arriving or any number of other potential problems that they see every day. The dealer would likely collect miminal fees for agreeing to do this for you and nothing further is something goes wrong. A home FFL might be willing but again they likely know the gunbroker issues and may pass. As of right now, your shipment options are limited to private carriers such as FedEx and UPS. Each has their own rules but generally you are required by federal law to declare you are shipping a firearm which automatically triggers next day or 2nd day air if a handgun and an adult signature. The biggest problem is the cost. Since the carriers require overnight or 2nd day air, the cost goes up dramatically, likely in the $60 to $70 range for a handgun. Long guns can go ground but the cost is still significant.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 11:02:41 PM »
FFL dealers can mail handguns via post office dealer to dealer, for around $8-$12.

Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger