< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Holy cow, this is from CNBC  (Read 935 times)

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
Holy cow, this is from CNBC
« on: June 30, 2016, 05:19:13 PM »
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/29/gun-control-isnt-the-answer-we-already-know-how-to-stop-the-violence-commentary.html

Quoting one paragraph from the article:

But here's the funny thing, in a tragically laughable way of course: we already know how to reduce gun violence and gun crimes because we've already done it many times before. That's right, we actually solved the issue of rising gun violence in America in the mid-1990's and again in the early 2000's by doing something really radical. We enforced the law.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: Holy cow, this is from CNBC
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 07:45:21 AM »
They will be written off as radicals who have lost their way. Sadly.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 09:54:17 AM »
Wow  :o
Hard to believe that came from nbc.

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 10:13:07 AM »
OK, I'm getting really worried now about my sanity.  I'm finding more liberals that agree with me.  This time, it's the New York Times.

The threats that the terrorist watch list and no-fly list pose to civil liberties — indeed, to the very idea of citizenship — are enormous. Watch lists are designed to circumvent the protections of due process and the separation of powers. They subvert a principle of our free society: Our rights aren’t held on loan until a government official labels us suspect, at which point they are easily stripped away; our rights are ours unless and until a court concludes that we have violated the law.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/opinion/a-no-buy-list-for-guns-is-a-bad-idea.html?_r=0

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 10:53:49 AM »
Umm, I am awake right?  Two instances of liberals actually getting a clue in one day makes me concerned for the fabric of reality or that we might be further down the rabbit hole than I previously thought.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 01:48:58 PM »
FWIW...........

Jake Novak, write of the above opinion piece, is actually a conservative.   He's primarily a finance and business writer/commentator, particularly on the Kudlow show.

Further proof:   His own words:   “Yep, I'm a conservative and I said it.”

Where he said those words:
http://www.cnbc.com/2014/09/05/im-a-conservativein-favor-of-welfarepoliticscommentary.html

How he was able to squiggle his opinion into a Hard Leftist venue………

Guess you gotta ask him.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 05:15:46 AM »
Merely token pieces in order to preserve the illusion of "balance".

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 09:50:59 AM »
Merely token pieces in order to preserve the illusion of "balance".

Yeah.........  Could well be.

Maybe kinda like when Alan Colmes is on Fox News Channel.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer