< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Court of Appeals ruling on concealed carry  (Read 8307 times)

Offline JAK

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Court of Appeals ruling on concealed carry
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2016, 06:29:43 PM »
The issue is bigger then transportation of firearms.  What about when your wife or you decides to buy a new kitchen knife which is larger then 3.5 inches?   How are you going to get it home.

John K

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2016, 07:17:02 PM »
The issue is bigger then transportation of firearms.  What about when your wife or you decides to buy a new kitchen knife which is larger then 3.5 inches?   How are you going to get it home.

John K

^ This.

So much this.

Can't "this" hard enough.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2016, 07:21:43 PM »

John K

Hammer, ax, pipe wrench, bottle of wine, tee ball bat, on and on and on.....

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2016, 07:24:26 PM »

John K

My Uncle, in Maryland adds:

You'll not believe that I tried to buy my wife a standard 13" Sabatier chef's knife and was told I couldn't take it home with me from the shop selling it. They sent it to me via UPS or FedEx or some such, without charge because of the silly laws. :D Never let a lawyer or a politician tell you how to throw out your bathwater, you'll lose your youngest children!
:D
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2016, 07:27:02 PM »
   I'd think even Ernie Chambers would be on board with making this more clear (since a few of his constituents get convicted of this now and again).

EC himself was charged with CCW but I am unsure if he  was convicted
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2016, 07:32:28 PM »
I have only been assaulted with one deadly weapon, a beer bottle.  I nearly lost an eye. I had never seen the assailant before (or since) and he never said a word to me. Simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. I know a guy that the same thing happened to and he did lose an eye.

Point is, don't haul beer bottles home,  :o

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2016, 09:21:55 PM »
Think this was mentioned earlier, but if not:

I have kids in the car. I don't want the gun out in the open while I'm focusing on traffic.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2016, 02:48:59 PM »
The word "surreal" really applies in this case.   I believe those Justices knew what they were doing and they knew why they were doing it ...   throwing another hurdle in front of the 2A.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2016, 06:11:36 PM »
EC himself was charged with CCW but I am unsure if he  was convicted
If it happened while the legislature was in session, he was immune due to his status as a state senator. He once beat a speeding ticket on those grounds. It's my understanding that immunity was granted to prevent harassment of state senators by political opponents.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2016, 09:03:49 PM »
If it happened while the legislature was in session, he was immune due to his status as a state senator. He once beat a speeding ticket on those grounds. It's my understanding that immunity was granted to prevent harassment of state senators by political opponents.

Happened in June 1969  (note the image at the link)

http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/chambers-to-begin-final-year-of-legislative-career/article_2b7e2cd3-7ee1-52d3-aba7-6b1cd501f9b0.html
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2016, 11:02:06 PM »
Happened in June 1969  (note the image at the link)

http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/chambers-to-begin-final-year-of-legislative-career/article_2b7e2cd3-7ee1-52d3-aba7-6b1cd501f9b0.html

i love this line "He’s known as the single most powerful senator in the Legislature, a power some say he abuses from time to time." and he is still doing the same ****
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2016, 06:02:20 PM »
I think it should be pointed out that according to FBI data more people are killed with so-called personal weapons, which means hands, feet, teeth, etc. than by all rifles combined.  And just one type of rifle is supposedly so dangerous that gun control crusaders have been trying to outlaw it for decades.  So hands and feet must be pretty dangerous.

That means that if it's illegal to have a rifle within reach (unless you have purchased a permission slip to exercise your constitutional right to bear arms), it must also be illegal for your hands and feet to be in reach of your hands.  This might create a problem with compliance.  And if you are wearing gloves, are your hands concealed weapons (even though they might be printing)?

Regarding Ernie Chambers, I'd like to point out again that he is only a powerful senator because the RINO majority gives him power.  If I read the information on Ballotpedia right, our legislature contains 12 Democrats, 35 Republicans, 1 Independent, and 1 Libertarian (who I assume would be pro-freedom).  With that makeup, or anything close to that makeup, there is no reason for Nebraska to have gun laws as restrictive as we have, and no reason Ernie Chambers should be anything but a minor annoyance.  Unless we are electing RINOs instead of real Republicans.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2016, 10:12:08 PM »
Regarding Ernie Chambers, I'd like to point out again that he is only a powerful senator because the RINO majority gives him power.  If I read the information on Ballotpedia right, our legislature contains 12 Democrats, 35 Republicans, 1 Independent, and 1 Libertarian (who I assume would be pro-freedom).  With that makeup, or anything close to that makeup, there is no reason for Nebraska to have gun laws as restrictive as we have, and no reason Ernie Chambers should be anything but a minor annoyance.  Unless we are electing RINOs instead of real Republicans.
I agree with what you are saying, but keep in mind that Chambers is a bully and a big reason he gets away with his antics is that others are afraid to stand up to him and be subjected to the ridicule and obstructionism he is focusing on others. If they were to all realize what you are saying and stand up to him as a group he would become far more ineffectual. But that has, unfortunately, a slim chance of happening because he has created a Pavlovian type response in the experienced Senators who want to maintain the dignity of the Unicameral instead of represent their constituents.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2016, 09:59:08 AM »
I agree with what you are saying, but keep in mind that Chambers is a bully and a big reason he gets away with his antics is that others are afraid to stand up to him and be subjected to the ridicule and obstructionism he is focusing on others. If they were to all realize what you are saying and stand up to him as a group he would become far more ineffectual. But that has, unfortunately, a slim chance of happening because he has created a Pavlovian type response in the experienced Senators who want to maintain the dignity of the Unicameral instead of represent their constituents.

I agree with what you are saying my friend, but would say it more succinctly with these words: the Nebraska Republican Party has no cajones.  They should be reminded of this, and reminded that if they do not have what it takes to do their duty, they should step down and let someone willing to stand up to Chambers take their place.  With the numbers so much in their favor, the situation we have is simply not acceptable, and is a black mark on the state Republican Party.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.