< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: give this a read :Tennessee’s Senate Bill 1736  (Read 696 times)

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
give this a read :Tennessee’s Senate Bill 1736
« on: July 02, 2016, 09:19:10 AM »
wonder if Ne could get this might be worth a look .
http://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2016/06/28/want-a-gun-free-zone-tennessee-says-thats-on-you-literally/

here is a snipit from the page :
Heading into law this Friday is Tennessee’s Senate Bill 1736, http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInfo/Default.aspx?BillNumber=SB1736&ga=109 which will put into action something gun owners have been encouraging for years.

As of July 1, if a handgun carry permit holder in Tennessee is injured, suffers bodily injury or death, incurs economic loss or expense, property damage or any other compensable loss on a property posted as a gun-free zone, they can sue the person or entity who stripped them of their right to self defense.
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
Re: give this a read :Tennessee’s Senate Bill 1736
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 09:50:33 AM »
Me likey  ;D

Good luck getting that even looked at here  :-[

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 08:26:54 PM »
Seems to me, with the right lawyer, you could do this any way since they denied your the right to defend yourself.  Be a tough battle, but it could happen.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 10:13:23 AM »
I think we should be able to sue all anti-gun bigots for trying to deprive us of our civil right to keep and bear arms, whether or not we suffer physical injury because of their bigoted acts.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.