< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New NFOA website  (Read 1661 times)

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA-PAF Lobbyist, NFOA-PAF Website Content
  • NFOA Full Member
  • An Armed Society Is A Polite Society – Robert Hein
Re: New NFOA website
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 08:11:39 PM »
The Organization Information Pull down menu
allows bleed through from the page below it and some parts are some what unreadable.

I moved it in the menu and changed the drop down background color.
“In a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 08:17:42 PM »
And maybe a "how to shoot" section with third party videos like jthhapkido's excellent ones.  With the usual disclaimers needed for third party links.

Added section under the NFOA website, Resources, shooting tips, (link:     https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/shooting-tips/
“In a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 07:57:33 AM »
Photos in the banner on the top are very blurry.  Using Google Chrome if that helps.

I worked on enhancing the photos again. They look good in my browser (Google Chrome).

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »
Quote from: Phantom on Yesterday at 02:05:56 PM
The Organization Information Pull down menu
allows bleed through from the page below it and some parts are some what unreadable.
I moved it in the menu and changed the drop down background color.

Better
But the Black Text still bleeds through and shows in the menu
 (See attached below - Clipboard01a.jpg )

Also attached is how the bottom now looks in IE 11 (shrunk to 50% for viewing)
 (See attached below - Clipboard02a.jpg )
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:28:00 PM by Phantom »
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 01:29:18 PM »
Also attached is how the bottom now looks in IE 11 (shrunk to 50% for viewing)
 (See attached below - Clipboard02a.jpg )

Clipboard01a.jpg (110.83 kB, 1920x1080 - viewed 2 times.)

I used Google Chrome and Firefox and did not have a problem. The problem must be with Internet Explorer. Maybe someone can provide input. My examples attached:

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:51:27 PM by bennysdad »

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 07:51:41 PM »
Just a few things I noticed while looking at the new site today.

1) I had to go to the main page because I had closed the page I had open for the forums. On that page it took a long while to finally find the link to the forums. Under NFOA media is probably not a logical place since this isn't about media. Since the forums are a key resource for the members, I would move it to the top level menu where our members and visitors can quickly find it.

2) Reduce the size of the main banner. The attached graphic is taken with a resolution of 1488x905 and of that 905 is just the graphics and 77 is the menu.  These means that of the 905 pixels we are using over 33% for header menu instead of content. I would suggest reducing the graphics part of the header by at least 50% for a better UX. It would give us more room for content before the fold.

3)  The menu section is OK, but if we can reduce it to one line it will read better and not leave the viewer feeling like there is too much to decide. To do that I would start with combining NFOA Media, Contact, and Organization Information into a single menu item with a MUCH shorter name like About NFOA or More Info. If nothing else, take all the NFOA notations on the menu options since it should be obvious from being on the NFOA website.

4) If the intent of the NFOA Pride menu option is to ultimately provide a link to the store then let's go ahead and change it to say Store and link directly to the store. It's all about the UX and making them click through a page that has nothing but a picture and a link is one more click than a user would want to do.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 08:50:34 PM »
1) I had to go to the main page because I had closed the page I had open for the forums. On that page it took a long while to finally find the link to the forums. Under NFOA media is probably not a logical place since this isn't about media. Since the forums are a key resource for the members, I would move it to the top level menu where our members and visitors can quickly find it. Moved all items from the “NFOA Media” to under navigation “organization information”. The forum and all other media are location on icons at the bottom of the homepage.

2) Reduce the size of the main banner. The attached graphic is taken with a resolution of 1488x905 and of that 905 is just the graphics and 77 is the menu.  These means that of the 905 pixels we are using over 33% for header menu instead of content. I would suggest reducing the graphics part of the header by at least 50% for a better UX. It would give us more room for content before the fold. Reduced by half. I added some more graphic to make it fit, but the vertical size is reduced.

3)  The menu section is OK, but if we can reduce it to one line it will read better and not leave the viewer feeling like there is too much to decide. To do that I would start with combining NFOA Media, Contact, and Organization Information into a single menu item with a MUCH shorter name like About NFOA or More Info. If nothing else, take all the NFOA notations on the menu options since it should be obvious from being on the NFOA website. Change Completed

4) If the intent of the NFOA Pride menu option is to ultimately provide a link to the store then let's go ahead and change it to say Store and link directly to the store. It's all about the UX and making them click through a page that has nothing but a picture and a link is one more click than a user would want to do. NFOA Pride menu option is removed because it showed only one example of how members could display NFOA on their property (cars, etc.). The store is located on an icons at the bottom of the homepage.

I will look at the NFOA website tomorrow and re-evaluate it. Any other comments, let me know.