< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Big Surprise coming from the betrayor in the Senate.  (Read 4851 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Big Surprise coming from the betrayor in the Senate.
« on: December 16, 2009, 04:27:25 PM »
From our local daily wipe in Kearney. Ben will hold out on announcing his vote until the very end, then we know he will betray us again, and vote with the Dims.

Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 4:15 pm | Updated: 12:24 pm, Wed Dec 16, 2009.

World-Herald News Service | 0 comments

WASHINGTON ? As Senate Democrats race to finish a health care bill before Christmas, the importance of Nebraska Sen. Ben Nelson?s vote was highlighted by a half-hour, one-on-one meeting he had Tuesday at the White House with President Barack Obama.

Nelson?s meeting with Obama followed a general meeting that Obama had with the rest of the Senate?s Democratic caucus. Afterward, Obama said he didn?t count votes but thinks a consensus exists on key elements.

?What I told my former colleagues today is that we simply cannot allow differences over individual elements of this plan to prevent us from meeting our responsibility to solve a long-standing and urgent problem for the American people,? Obama said.

Nelson said after his meeting with Obama that the president made his case for how much the bill has improved. Nelson said he agreed with that but suggested various ways it could be improved further. He said he made no commitment to support the legislation in the end.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:45:36 PM by Dan W »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
Re: Big Surprise coming from the betrayor in the Senate.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 04:59:22 PM »
Hope this turns out to be false:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/12/source_dems_threaten_nelson_in_1.asp

Check it out for yourself...

A-FIXER

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 07:29:12 PM »
Well if hussian obama, wants to close the base he's $hi- , out of luck when he'll fly out of DC and he'll knows the only other location to go to would be to G. I. and then where. Just why is it important to come to the midwest well more than likely is to believe the citizens will defend the office because of the american pride being longstanding here in the midwest. But due to his lack of a noggen and having a pea in there that rattles around is his thought of clear thinking and regardless are we as citizens ready to sell our future children for the cost of a job? Yes I may not work their but due to the money he give out ( The latest the bad boy buggy) 5900.00 rebate to beleive this will stimulate the ecomony no!!! I do not have the answer but I didn't run for the office saying I would solve the worlds problems either I am looking to provide for my familys, shelter,food,warmth, and security for safety... I guess I'm just ranting here so I'll quit for now but Ben Nelson better standby HIS peoples wishes and Not Give In to BLACKMAIL....

The reason I'm posting this on this fourm is because of the Security=(MY GUN'S)&(MY AMM0)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 07:35:15 PM by A-FIXER »

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 07:33:00 PM by huskergun »
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 08:56:50 PM »
E. Ben Nelson (a.k.a. Earl)  needs to make sure his unemployment office knows he's going to need his benefits next year!!!!!

Fox News yesterday reported on the radio that ****-for-brains threatened to close Offutt unless Earl voted for the health care bill.  10 minutes later, I was home and got on Earl's website.  Already there in black and white was a statement that any threat was false!!  WOW!!!! that was quick for them to correct that!!!!

Don't hold your breath, Earl sold us out!!!! Don't let him fool you!!!!  He'll vote FOR the health care debacle!!!!

I have a call to the AG's office asking for Bruning's opinion on the health care bill and whether it violates the 10th Amendment to the Constitution.  Haven't received a reply yet-hopefully I'll receive a positive answer!!

Is that Earl's real hair or just a toupee??  Hard to tell!  Maybe Porklosi can take a lil' lesson from Sarah Palin and have Earl stand next to her as she spits in her hand and combs down his colic!!! :o

Palin in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 09:41:06 PM »
I would have to say that if this is true that Nelson was threatened with this... Then whoever made that threat, should be tried for treason.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 10:14:01 PM »
Senator Johanns and Sen. John Ensign of Nevada and several other Republican's are calling for an investigation by the Armed Services committee.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 06:46:30 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »
This rumor couldn't have possibly come from the same White House squatter that promised to not raise taxes or sign pork bills would it?

There is nearly always some truth to rumors.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 02:41:02 PM »
Poll added
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mosin

• NFOA Full Member
  • Go ahead make my day!
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 06:29:20 PM »
I emailed, I sold the farm Ben and gave him a piece of my mind. >:D  I also emailed Senator Johanns  and asked him to tell Ben the next time he see him to say "You can not never wear Big Red again!"  I think I am going to go dig a hole and hide some stuff! ;D

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 07:25:22 PM »
I also just emailed "earl" benjamin nelson expressing my displeasure to his supporting the health care bill.

I reminded him that he WILL be voted out of office and wished him best in his retirement!

This swine sold us out in a "compromise"!!  I wonder what he personally gained out of this from Harry, nancy and the brown shirts in obongo's club of lunatics!!!

I recommend to "earl" that he contact bob kerry or chuck hagel to see if they'll give him room and board as he will NOT be welcomed here at home!!!!!

Sorry Guys, but I had to vent!!!  Do we still have to addresse him as proper?   I don't believe he's earned it!
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 08:09:37 PM »
has anyone else heard about a rally in Omaha tomorrow at 3pm?  Mike Huckabee is supposed to be hosting this event to protest the health care bill....
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

A-FIXER

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 10:06:30 PM »
Just on 10/11 news poll taken 90% said if he voted for the health care pkg would vote him out of office. Damn thats the best news I heard today...

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 07:52:28 AM »
EMERGENCY RALLY IN NEBRASKA
WHAT: Rally opposing Senate Healthcare Bill and Ben Nelson's support of it.
WHEN: Sunday, Dec. 20th, 3pm, doors open at 2pm
WHERE: Omaha Music Hall, 17th and Capitol,
WHO: Governor Mike Huckabee
Congressman Terry, Auditor Foley and Sens. McCoy, Fulton, Krist, Price, Lautenbaugh to participate as well.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 08:30:26 AM »
Rick - thanks for the posting, should have known that you would have the scoop!!
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 08:35:38 AM »
I plan on getting there at about 2pm, if anyone else is going, send me an instant message.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 09:28:28 AM »
I'm sending this out to friends and family.   Hopefully this can be communicated out to people quickly.    Thank for posting this Rick.

Offline DJPeter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 08:38:07 PM »
I would say there was a pretty good turn out for the short notice that was given to the public. However, I did not see much media coverage going on while I was there. It will be interesting to see what is reported on the event this coming week.
"A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country".
James Madison

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 02:08:19 AM »
I was sick all day and now can't sleep but really was hoping to make it out.  :-\ How many people turned out for this? Rough estimates? Something tells me that they won't cover anything about it but who knows sometimes you get surprised.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline DJPeter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 04:32:33 AM »
The Omaha Music Hall was ~ 95% full at the rally. I asked several people what the capacity of the Music Hall and no was sure. The total number ranges from 2 to 3 thousand. If someone knows the capacity number, then the rest would be easier to figure out.
"A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country".
James Madison