< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Reloading mentor  (Read 4577 times)

Offline Fb7782

• NFOA Full Member
Reloading mentor
« on: August 18, 2016, 11:18:08 PM »
Is there anybody in the Lincoln area that would be willing to let me watch your reloading operation, probably ask a lot a stupid questions?

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: Reloading mentor
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 07:57:54 AM »
Have you watched the video of the reloading class put on by a couple NFOA members?  Pretty sure I posted it here on the forum.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:00:09 AM by Mudinyeri »

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 09:54:56 AM »

EDIT i went to post the you tube link and it posted the video so here ya go ......
original post was in the members only section at https://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php?topic=15003.msg107406#msg107406
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:58:56 AM by m morton »
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 03:27:32 PM »
Is there anybody in the Lincoln area that would be willing to let me watch your reloading operation, probably ask a lot a stupid questions?

I would consider it if you were an NFOA member

https://nebraskafirearms.org/join-the-nfoa/
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 12:03:08 AM »
Any particular cartridge you are interested in? I reload 9mm, .45 ACP, .223 rifle, 12 gauge shotshell
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Fb7782

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 07:55:09 AM »
I would like to start reloading pistol ammunition 9mm and 10mm and after I get comfortable/compitant move into rifle rounds.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 06:33:02 PM »
Has there been any thought to another reloading class for this year? I am in the process of picking up my press and other gear and would love to see this class in person to make sure I am on track.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 10:09:34 PM »
Has there been any thought to another reloading class for this year?

We..............

Should all get working on Shooter to do the next reloading class.

Because,

(a)  He's located in Lincoln,

(b)  Lincoln hasn't had any reloading classes yet,

(c)  Shooter has reloaded more cartridges and more calibers than anyone else on this Forum, and

(d)  Shooter knows more about cartridge reloading than anybody else located around these here parts.

So...............

What if we somehow should lose Shooter.........?

Then Who would carry on in his place?   Think of the reloading lore and knowledge that would be forever lost.

We need a buncha Shooter Disciples out there spreading the reloading gospel.

We do.

sfg
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 10:12:34 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 09:49:30 AM »
I am up for  Lincoln or Omaha session. Works just fine for me.  :laugh:
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 11:03:52 AM »
 well Ill help. but im not in Lincoln. im 12 miles north of Ashland,  Im just south of Yutan
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 11:28:53 AM »
Well Ill help.

Aha!!

The Master!!!!!!!!

We've flushed him out from behind the reloading bench.

OK........Mali, et.al, how do you wish to utilize his expertise??

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Fb7782

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 12:37:32 AM »
Count me in if we can put something together! Just thirsty for knowledge at this point.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 08:29:47 AM »
My father and I are getting started in the whole process. I have a friend that walked me through it and had me making rounds, but that was last year.  My father has no experience at all.

I would love to have a chance to sit down and have someone walk through the process step-by-step much like the I had last year, and have my father actually see the process in person.  I am also looking for those nuggets of knowledge that come only from years of doing it.

Offline Mark B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 09:03:49 AM »
I have 50+ years of reloading shotshells, rifle, and pistol behind me and I'm willing to help but I am 100 mi. N. of Omaha. If I can do something, let me know.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 05:49:40 PM »
 Im up for having a class of sorts,   I have been reloading  about 50 years, load 78 different cals,  cast 45 different bullets.   Omaha would be better, but can go to Lincoln ,  good time to do this, winter is just going to start ,maybe right after Christmas,
 NRA Endowment member

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 06:11:38 PM »
Im up for having a class of sorts,   I have been reloading  about 50 years, load 78 different cals,  cast 45 different bullets.   Omaha would be better, but can go to Lincoln ,  good time to do this, winter is just going to start ,maybe right after Christmas,
It is quite likely I would have 2 people for a class you put on as my father and I are just getting started and it wouldn't hurt to have more info as we go.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 09:49:41 PM »
It's my deep regret to announce that the original poster of this thread, Fb7782, became suddenly and seriously ill shortly after the date of posting.

He subsequently died within a very short time from complications of what turned out to be two serious terminal conditions, either one of which would have been fatal by itself.   He is no longer with us and will be missed by this Forum.

The moderator of this Forum (who personally knew Fb7782) has been informed.

FWIW,

sfg
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 08:43:03 AM by SemperFiGuy »

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 08:52:24 AM »
It's my deep regret to announce that the original poster of this thread, Fb7782, became suddenly and seriously ill shortly after the date of posting.

He subsequently died within a very short time from complications of what turned out to be two serious terminal conditions, either one of which would have been fatal by itself.   He is no longer with us and will be missed by this Forum.

The moderator of this Forum (who personally knew Fb7782) has been informed.

FWIW,
So very sad to hear that, thank you for the update, SFG.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 09:31:50 AM »
 ???  :( :'(
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 07:40:22 PM »
  the older I get, the sadder I get. so many of my good friends have passed,   so man old shooters, people who taught me how to do things the right way. Im trying to teach my grandson the old ways,
 NRA Endowment member