< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Switzerland lets citizens have cool arms  (Read 733 times)

Offline Tj

• NFOA Full Member
Switzerland lets citizens have cool arms
« on: August 23, 2016, 10:56:06 PM »
An article off of guncite from American Rifleman (1990). People in Switzerland can have all kinds of firearms.
http://www.guncite.com/swissgun-kopel.html

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Switzerland lets citizens have cool arms
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 11:24:52 PM »
Switzerland uses able citizens for the majority of their army and they are issued army weapons.

Feel free to join the army here and you also can spend time with army weapons.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 11:28:23 PM »
Switzerland uses able citizens for the majority of their army and they are issued army weapons.

So only those who work for government should be allowed to have military type arms? 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 08:13:44 AM »
I don't believe that is actually what Dave said. He didn't say "If you don't join the Army you can't play with Army weapons.",  what he actually said was "if you join the Army you can play with Army weapons".

I think the biggest take away from that article sin't along these line as much as it is that we need to work on the cultural aspect of our nation as opposed to focusing just on guns. Let's face it, in general, the family unit is not what it used to be. There are huge gaps between most generations and our culture seems to really play the generations against each other in TV shows, advertising, music, etc.

We need to expose our kids to responsible firearm ownership at an early age and not just tell them about it but live it out in front of them every moment of our day. We also need to live out responsible, and respectful, citizenship in front of them every day.  Most of us are probably doing this to some extent so this statement is more for the people NOT reading this but still a good reminder for us all.

This is merely my opinion and I am human and not perfect. I am open to discussion though.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 12:51:54 PM »

Mostly here being in the Army is like being Divorced with the Wife having full custody of your Kids.  >:D :o

You generally get to spend time with them when (1.) Only when She allows you too or  (2.) Mostly at any time that you least want too or have the time too.   :(
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 10:56:33 PM »
I don't believe that is actually what Dave said....  I am open to discussion though.

I was just asking for clarification.  I'm always open to discussion too.  In my experience when a person makes a statement like if you want [a gun, or some kind of gun], join the army, it's usually an anti-gun bigot saying that only those who work for government should be allowed to bear arms.  But I'm happy to give a person the benefit of the doubt and assume him to be a loyal American.  The question did warrant a request for clarification though.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Tj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 07:42:28 AM »
Yea their army seems to be a little different then ours, especially since they're a neutral nation. Besides that, I have never met a person in the military who takes home any small arms these days.
 I just thought it was an interesting read. Here is a nation that gives its citizens the responsibility of automatic firearms in order to defend the nation. The crazy part is they are allowed howitzers to defend the nation. i understand they're are the military, it's just an entirely different way of thinking about national security than we have.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 03:31:30 PM »
Not necessarily. It will depend on your MOS. I doubt that people who work in support positions spend much time shooting.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane