< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Congressional Election 2016  (Read 1442 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Congressional Election 2016
« on: September 08, 2016, 09:22:09 AM »
Since it is a virtual certainty that Nebraska will support Trump in the coming election it looks to me like the most important thing on the ballot is probably the Congressional election, especially in the 2nd district (Omaha etc.).  Last time the voters made the stupid mistake of electing a hard core America-hating liberal bigot named Brad Ashford.  If there is a way to disarm law-abiding citizens he will be 100% behind it.  And if he remains in the House long his fellow traitors have a shot at getting him into the Senate.  So he is a very real threat to the security of a free state, and it is the duty of all patriots to do what we can to get him replaced by a loyal American.

His opponent, Don Bacon, appears to be a loyal American, who will defend our freedoms, including the right to keep and bear arms.  He has an Aq rating from NRA/PVF, which means the A rating is based solely on answers he gave to their questions.

Is NFOA doing anything to get the traitor Ashford replaced by the loyal American running against him?  What can we as individuals do to help?

Also, I would urge all members to look closely at your state legislative race (if there is one).  According to Ballotpedia, our legislature is made up of 35 Republicans, 12 Democrats, and one Libertarian (though they are officially nonpartisan).  With that ratio plus a Republican governor, why have we not been able to get some of the illegal gun control edicts removed?  This question should be asked of all who ask for our vote.

We either stand now or crawl later.  I hope every one of our members does everything in his power to get traitors replaced by loyal Americans in all elected positions.     
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Congressional Election 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 10:22:10 AM »

Were you at the annual meeting? Don Bacon spoke to the members.

Since Federal Tax Code prohibits the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association, a registered 501(c)4 non-profit organization, from participating in elections, supporting pro-gun candidates, and defeating anti-gun liberal candidates the NFOA Political Action Fund was formed http://nfoapaf.org/

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 11:32:16 AM »
My rep in District 20 is John McCollister.   A second-generation politico.

According to Omaha KFAB 1110 commentator Scott Voorhies, "...John McCollister ran to the right of Attila the Hun during his election campaign."

On that basis, after some personal conversations with him on his positions, I did some doorbell-ringing, phone-calling, and pamphleteering on his behalf.   Helped get him elected, in my own small way.

Since then he has voted pretty much to the left of Ernie Chambers, Brad Ashford, Hillary Clinton, yada-yada-yada.

Geez........Can You Ever Imagine That??!!!

Another Lefty Stealth Campaigner.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 06:55:48 PM »

Were you at the annual meeting? Don Bacon spoke to the members.

Since Federal Tax Code prohibits the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association, a registered 501(c)4 non-profit organization, from participating in elections, supporting pro-gun candidates, and defeating anti-gun liberal candidates the NFOA Political Action Fund was formed http://nfoapaf.org/

Uh oh, busted.  I should probably go to meetings.

Thanks for the info on the PAF
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 07:05:15 PM »
My rep in District 20 is John McCollister.   A second-generation politico.

According to Omaha KFAB 1110 commentator Scott Voorhies, "...John McCollister ran to the right of Attila the Hun during his election campaign."

On that basis, after some personal conversations with him on his positions, I did some doorbell-ringing, phone-calling, and pamphleteering on his behalf.   Helped get him elected, in my own small way.

Since then he has voted pretty much to the left of Ernie Chambers, Brad Ashford, Hillary Clinton, yada-yada-yada.

Geez........Can You Ever Imagine That??!!!

Another Lefty Stealth Campaigner.

sfg

That's a pretty serious betrayal.  Anyone who would commit treason by supporting gun control or stand with Ernie Chambers on about anything is either a sycophant and fool or a traitor.  As the saying goes, all's fair in war.  I guess it shouldn't be any surprise that such a person would use the common tactic of pretending to be something he's not, like an enemy sniper pretending to be the grass he's crawling through.  This level of betrayal suggests to me that maybe those of us who talk to political candidates get their statements on video so they can be compared later to their record.  By the way, does Nebraska have a mechanism for recalling liars like the one you described?  if not, can we get something on a ballot that would create such a mechanism?

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »
McCollister is a RINO lefty.
Cut from the same cloth as Benedict Nelson, Ashford, et al!
This has been going on in Nebraska as long as I have been voting, probably longer.
A true conservative is a rare bird around here.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 10:54:29 AM »
McCollister is a RINO lefty.
Cut from the same cloth as Benedict Nelson, Ashford, et al!
This has been going on in Nebraska as long as I have been voting, probably longer.
A true conservative is a rare bird around here.

Greg58

My father was involved in conservative politics as far back as the 1960s, in western Nebraska where I grew up, and he referred to the Nebraska Republican Party way back then as "a dirty little party."  Apparently he was right, and it hasn't changed in all this time.  If the ratio of Republicans to Democrats is as high as it is in the Republican's favor, and a liberal traitor like Ernie Chambers can be as effective as he is, especially considering how pro-gun Nebraskans are, then there is indeed something very very wrong with the Nebraska Republican Party.

The question is, do patriots in Nebraska have the numbers and the will to do something about it.  Patriots nationally are rejecting RINOs in a big way.  So is Nebraska missing the boat on this?   

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 01:34:19 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/15/missouri-lawmakers-override-governors-veto-eliminate-carry-permit-requirement/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Nebraska has a Republican governor and a Republican majority in the state legislature but we have restrictive and unconstitutional gun control laws.  The Nebraska Republican Party sucks, letting itself get kicked around by Ernie Chambers like little puppy dogs.  Those who are part of the gun control coalition have brought shame down on their party and this state; they are either traitors like Chambers or cowards who let him bully them.  They have no honor and are unworthy of respect.

If the government of Missouri can obey the law why can't ours?