< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Form 1 Question  (Read 1443 times)

Offline jarelj

• Forum Member
Form 1 Question
« on: September 29, 2016, 07:39:49 PM »
Ok, so I'm new to this whole NFA thing, please pardon the ignorance!  I am working on a Form 1 for my "pistol" to be become an SBR after adding a stock to it so I can use it for USPSA competition.  It appears I need to submit passport photos and fingerprint cards with the application, I found online ordering info to get the fingerprint cards, but apparently the new 41f regulations require the fingerprints to be done by a government agency now instead of just "any responsible person"?  Where to go for that, will the state patrol office on 108th street where you get fingerprinted for CCW do this as well? 

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Form 1 Question
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:33:44 PM »
Many folks in Omaha use the State Patrol office on 108th for NFA fingerprints.

Offline jarelj

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 08:57:32 PM »
Ok great, thanks.  Also looks like I need to have my name engraved on the receiver as well, who in town does the engraving?

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 09:41:42 PM »
SilencerHQ can do prints and pics. You don't need anything special. But get them done wherever you need to.

You will have to engrave your info on the receiver. Trust Name, Town, State. State can be shortened to NE. It's a little different for individual and LLC.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official