< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Brought by Families of Sandy Hook Victims Against Rifle  (Read 1038 times)

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
In dismissing the lawsuit, Judge Barbara Bellis wrote in her decision that "Congress, through the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), has broadly prohibited lawsuits 'against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and importers of firearms...for the harm solely caused by the criminal or unlawful misuse of firearm products...by others when the product functioned as designed and intended."

for the whole story read at the link below
http://patch.com/connecticut/newtown/judge-dismisses-lawsuit-brought-families-sandy-hook-victims-against-rifle-maker

could you see the amount of law suits if this went to trail and they won .... there would be law suits against drunk drivers but against what ever brand of booze that got them drunk that night and the car manufacturer IE etc.. Jack Daniels for making a product that impairs people and Ford for not adding a Breathalyzer to the cars ignition system to keep people from drinking and driving

funny how it's all ways some one else fault for what others do ..  dirt bag kills some one lets sue the gun manufactory because the dirt bag does not have $$$. so we will try to blame the gun used and try to cash in..
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Honestly can't believe the case went that far, but it's understandable given the current political climate.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
I wonder if they have tried suing the School District for not protecting their students and employees?

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
I wonder if they have tried suing the School District for not protecting their students and employees?

Greg58
Good question. However, I bet we wouldn't hear much about it after the lawsuit was filed as the media wouldn't care much about something like a lawsuit that doesn't impact gun ownership.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan