< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Store Policy or Federal Law on returning ammunition  (Read 866 times)

Offline CrazyGolfNut

• NFOA Full Member
Store Policy or Federal Law on returning ammunition
« on: October 19, 2016, 07:01:51 PM »
Is it store policy or federal law that a store cannot accept ammunition returned to the store for credit?  Many stores post "no returns" and I was told by the clerk that is was a Federal Law.  Just wondering.  Thanks
“He flourished his sword, I pulled out my gun and shot him”
Harrison Ford / Indiana Jones

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Store Policy or Federal Law on returning ammunition
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 07:28:52 PM »
and I was told by the clerk that is was a Federal Law

When the story is "federal law" or that old canard "research studies show", you can always ask the speaker to provide specific chapter and verse to back up and confirm his point.

Exactly Which federal law??

Exactty Which research study??

Exactly and precisely which?????

Interesting to observe the facial expressions which follow.

Lotsa BS flying around these days, including stories about any kind of federal law which prohibits returning ammo purchased at retail.

Including that story which was told to you.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 08:08:16 PM »
 Ive never seen anything about a law on returning ammo, but its a good policy, who knows what antigunner would buy a box, pull the bullet and change the powder-load,  to damage the next person who bought that box of ammo
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 09:47:52 AM »
Having worked retail at a couple of places that sold ammo, it's store policy and for the reason Shooter stated. That's not to say stores don't sometimes take ammo back, but the places I worked didn't put them back on the shelves.
People sometimes get in a hurry and grab the wrong box or aren't as familiar with ammo as they should be and don't realize 9mm para and 9mm mak are two different rounds. They just see 9mm and grab the box.