< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: The 100 Best Gun Rooms  (Read 749 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
The 100 Best Gun Rooms
« on: November 03, 2016, 04:21:00 PM »
Okay.............

Whaddaya think of These Gunrooms:  http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/03/25/top-100-best-gun-rooms/

Which one is yours??

sfg
PS.......Here's mine:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 04:35:03 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: The 100 Best Gun Rooms
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 05:11:03 PM »
Not sure I want to fire any from your gun room, SFG.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Mark B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 05:33:54 PM »
SFG, I'm impressed with your pile, MG42's, M2. Lot of $ in there.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 06:21:48 PM »
First rule of gun rooms is dont talk about gun rooms.

I'd love to have something like that but I don't know if I can afford it.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 08:15:13 PM »
Y'know............

I know at least three collector-persons in the Omaha area that have serious huge walk-in gun vaults with some really amazing stuff in them:   Thompson sub-machine guns (fully automatic), Civil War Spencer and Burnside carbines, LeMat revolvers, Lugers in both calibers, not to mention war memorabilia, Nazi helmets, swords, etc., etc.   Show cases, cabinets, walls..........all full of nice guns.

Takes a long time to put it all together.
   And costs a fortune, just the vault setup, not to mention whatever goes in it.   But they never seem to shoot it.   Just go in, sit there in the middle of it all.   Kinda bask in the wonder of it all.

On the other hand, all my own very small collection of modest, low-end stuff has to work hard for its living.   Everything gets shot, sometime during the season, and a lot of it gets shot a lot.   My dream is to wear it all out while approaching the end.   For example, my Browning Citori 12Ga O/U got 150 rounds put through it today, and that was all at just one station [#8/hi&low houses] on the skeet range.    My Springfield XDM40 got about 400 rounds through it on Tuesday.   MyThink is that guns are made to use.   A lot.   But if somebody just wants to build a big vault and use it as a sorta museum, that's fine, too.

Then there was the photographer I knew in Bellevue.    He had over 200+ different Colt revolvers neatly stored in Planograph drawers.   Knew more about 2-screw and 3-screw revolvers than Sam Colt.   Wouldn'tna ever parted with even the worst specimen in his collection for any reason, especially mere money.

And the former USAF Colonel who had flat cases full of handguns under every single bed, chair, sofa, and other piece of furniture in his house (except stove and fridge, of course).   He had those flat cases because all of the desk drawers, dresser drawers, and cabinet drawers in the house were already full.   The flat cases were for the overflow.   I remember thinkin' that his wife was a very patient and tolerant lady.

Guns sure are fun.   If you like 'em.

sfg
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 08:18:38 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer