< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Smth & Wesson to change their name  (Read 772 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Smth & Wesson to change their name
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 09:41:20 PM »
I clicked that link and my virus blocker blocked the page, says don't load it
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Smth & Wesson to change their name
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 06:46:21 AM »
I clicked that link and my virus blocker blocked the page, says don't load it
You're using the wrong OS, and Bloomberg is notorious for tracking cookies, cross-site scripting, and all around snoopiness.

I run Linux (KDE Neon) behind two IPSec firewalls (one on my router and another on my laptop), and, I have customized my FireFox 49 browser to block tracking cookies, javascripts, Java applets, 3rd party cookies, and show pics and videos only with permission.  I've also activated 8 pipes and doubled the threading to 64.  The display time on any website is a fraction of a second, and all blocked content is exposed. 

My iPhone, on the other hand, is a walled garden that keeps users inside, in handcuffs, while acting like a two-bit hooker to the rest of the world. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 09:49:08 PM »
They would be STUPID to change the name!  And the logo is so excellent.  Nimrods!

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 11:26:01 PM »
According to Julie Golob- Smith and Wesson team captain and spokeswoman- SMITH AND WESSON is NOT changing it's name!  The Investment/ Holding company that "owns" S&W is changing IT's name Not the gunmaker's name.

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 01:28:42 AM »
According to Julie Golob- Smith and Wesson team captain and spokeswoman- SMITH AND WESSON is NOT changing it's name!  The Investment/ Holding company that "owns" S&W is changing IT's name Not the gunmaker's name.

^^^^^^^^^^
What he said.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 11:32:15 AM »

If *anyone* were to know what Julie Golob has said recently, it would be Jeremy :)
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 08:32:16 AM »
 :P :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 12:08:56 PM »

This is actually what the linked article says, the holding company has moved into manufacturing lots of other outdoors products from knives to camping supplies (it seams all outdoors related) and creating a separation from the firearms to those products opens them to a larger market share. This type of movement would just make the company stronger and able to withstand attacks all the more likely.