< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: how do you find out who are the Electoral voters from Nebraska  (Read 1730 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
how do you find out who are the Electoral voters from Nebraska
« on: November 16, 2016, 09:46:19 PM »
  How do you find out who the Electoral voters are from Nebraska, Id like to send them a letter, telling them that I hope they vote the way the Nebraska voters voted. not to pull any garbage, and switch there votes,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Re: how do you find out who are the Electoral voters from Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 06:29:37 AM »
  How do you find out who the Electoral voters are from Nebraska, Id like to send them a letter, telling them that I hope they vote the way the Nebraska voters voted. not to pull any garbage, and switch there votes,
Shooter, give this a try.  http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/electoral-college-names-list-of-electors-voting-for-president-who-are-contact-information-texas-florida-georgia-illinois-pennsylvania-michigan-how-to-can-change-republicans-vote-clinton-trump-faithles/

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 05:35:56 PM »

Chapter 32 Section 714
32-714.
Presidential electors; vacancies; how filled; meeting; procedure; violation of pledge; effect.

(1) The Governor shall provide each presidential elector with a list of all the presidential electors. If any presidential elector is absent or if there is a deficiency in the proper number of presidential electors, those present shall elect from the citizens of the state so many persons as will supply the deficiency and immediately issue a certificate of election, signed by those present or a majority of them, to the person or persons so chosen. In case of failure to elect as required in this subsection by 3 p.m. of such day or in case of a vacancy created under subsection (4) of this section, the Governor shall fill the vacancies by appointment. Each appointee shall execute the pledge in section 32-713. After all vacancies are filled, the presidential electors shall proceed with the election of a President of the United States and a Vice President of the United States and certify their votes in conformity with the Constitution and laws of the United States.

(2) The Secretary of State shall provide each presidential elector with a presidential and vice-presidential ballot. Each at-large presidential elector shall mark his or her ballot for the presidential and vice-presidential candidates who received the highest number of votes in the state and consistent with his or her pledge. Each congressional district presidential elector shall mark his or her ballot for the presidential and vice-presidential candidates who received the highest number of votes in his or her congressional district and consistent with his or her pledge.

(3) Each presidential elector shall present the completed ballot to the Secretary of State. The Secretary of State shall examine each ballot and accept as cast each ballot marked by a presidential elector consistent with his or her pledge. The Secretary of State shall not accept and shall not count the ballot if the presidential elector has not marked the ballot or has marked the ballot in violation of his or her pledge.

(4) A presidential elector who refuses to present a ballot, who attempts to present an unmarked ballot, or who attempts to present a ballot marked in violation of his or her pledge vacates the office of presidential elector.
Source

Laws 1994, LB 76, § 214;
    Laws 2014, LB946, § 15.

Annotations

This section provides procedures for meeting of presidential electors. State ex rel. Beeson v. Marsh, 150 Neb. 233, 34 N.W.2d 279 (1948).

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 05:40:25 PM »
32-713 (2)

(2) The presidential electors shall convene at 2 p.m. of such Monday at the Governor's office in the capitol. Each presidential elector shall execute the following pledge: As a presidential elector duly selected (or appointed) for this position, I agree to serve and to mark my ballots for President and Vice President for the presidential and vice-presidential candidates who received the highest number of votes in the state if I am an at-large presidential elector or the highest number of votes in my congressional district if I am a congressional district presidential elector.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 06:32:06 PM »
 so they wont accept it if it is marked different?   some states they get a fine if they vote different. just a few hundred dollars I have read of delegates in other states being pressured to vote for hiltery, just wondered if they could change the vote here
 NRA Endowment member

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 08:04:30 PM »
so they wont accept it if it is marked different?

That is how I read it...the Secretary of State  will not accept ballots that do not match the election results
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 10:22:34 PM »
ok, I guess some other states must be different. Drudge had a story people were being harassed to change there vote in some states
 NRA Endowment member