< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Thoughts on a magnetic holster  (Read 1729 times)

Offline CrazyGolfNut

• NFOA Full Member
Thoughts on a magnetic holster
« on: December 03, 2016, 04:25:22 PM »
My wife is looking for a IWB holster and we found a couple on the net but we don't know anything about them. Does anyone have some thoughts on a JM4 Tactical Magnetic Holster or the MAG-JIC holster? There might be other brands out there that we have not found yet.  I like the idea of not having a clip but not sure how well it will work through jeans.  Thanks in advance.
“He flourished his sword, I pulled out my gun and shot him”
Harrison Ford / Indiana Jones

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Thoughts on a magnetic holster
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 05:37:53 PM »
My wife is looking for a IWB holster and we found a couple on the net but we don't know anything about them. Does anyone have some thoughts on a JM4 Tactical Magnetic Holster or the MAG-JIC holster? There might be other brands out there that we have not found yet.  I like the idea of not having a clip but not sure how well it will work through jeans.  Thanks in advance.

I'm a kydex holster guy personally.  Also make them so that's why I'm heavy preference. I like the click and retention you get.  Really there will be no worry about looking the gun from the holster with kydex.  You will have to worry about looking the gun and holster from the pants.

There have been several clips that have come out on the market that work pretty well with lighter weapons and beltless carry. Though it's not my #1 preference to make holsters with out a belt it can be done.

Check out a utliclip and the fabriclip.  The they both lock onto the fabric vs just a magnet. The other nice thing about both of these clips is she could clip them on the inside of a hand bag and it would keep it secured there also.