< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Goin' Shootin!  (Read 2349 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Goin' Shootin!
« on: November 16, 2007, 07:56:29 AM »
If everybody is done Bambi Slaying, I'm planning on busting some more milk jugs Saturday afternoon.......... anyone interested?

Maybe we can talk over Monday's testimony.......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Kim

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Goin' Shootin!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »
I know that we are still trying to get my son his first deer.... >:(

He missed opening weekend but has been going out in the evenings after school without any luck. Yesterday he had the "fever" so could not go to school and we spent the day searching for the "one" but came home empty handed. Hopefully soon!

I agree that we need to get together before the meeting however Jay will need to chime in as to his schedule to see when and where we can all get together to discuss. Maybe Saturday or Sunday evening after dark.

As far as where to meet, I think we should meet somewhere in Plattsmouth and open carry. Godfathers, Keno or Mom's? I'm not real fond of Keno but any excuse to not have to cook dinner would be great!  ;D

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 08:39:33 PM »
Hey, thanks for the invite!  ;D You know me, I'm pretty much always up for an afternoon of target practice, but tomorrow is pretty much booked for me I'm afraid. Nick was not in town on opening weekend and hasn't had any luck yet this week, so he is determined to harvest his first deer before the end of the weekend. I have been concentrating on helping him and others fill their permits, so I still have a tag of my own looking for a home as well, but honestly if we can just get the kid's filled that will be good enough for me. At some point this weekend, I also have to help some friends, and hopefully Nick, cut up some meat.

However, I definitely want to try to get together to discuss the Plattsmouth meeting if at all possible. Would Saturday evening work for anyone, say an hour or two after dark? I kind of like Kim's idea of meeting at Godfathers or Pizza Hut. If Saturday night is out, what about Sunday early afternoon, say sometime between noon and 2:00? For that matter, Saturday afternoon at that same time would work if you don't end up doing any shooting.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 09:18:39 PM »
Saturday afternoon is now booked with taking a new shooter to break milk jugs.  Saturday night at Godfathers sounds good.

And good luck to Nick!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 09:36:46 PM »
Love hearing that you're taking a new shooter out tomorrow!

OK, just got off the phone with a couple people and sounds like Saturday early evening will work out the best for everyone. Now, let's just pin down a time. How about 6:45? That should give us time to get in from the field and get to town with a little time to field dress anything that might be taken before dark. Is that going to be too late?

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Godfather's
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 07:49:55 AM »
To early, if anything....... 7PM?

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 09:50:28 AM »
Yeah, going to be pushing it a bit, but heck, if we're a little late, then no big deal. I'd say, just show up when you can because I don't think anyone is going to be in a huge hurry. We'll see everyone tonight around 6:45 or 7:00!