< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Mexico complains Trump is stealing there jobs.  (Read 590 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Mexico complains Trump is stealing there jobs.
« on: January 04, 2017, 04:47:37 PM »
 you cant make this stuff up. Mexico is actually complaining that Trump is stealing there jobs and hurting there economy

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LT_MEXICO_FORD?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-01-04-14-45-38
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Mexico complains Trump is stealing there jobs.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 05:56:58 PM »
Knee jerk reaction from them with no effect.  They have no idea yet.   8)

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »
My company has a plant in Mexico.  Actually the plant was started up from equipment from Lincoln. Anyways recently a couple of our production managers took a trip down to see how they were operating. That plant is worried about loosing out to China.

The Chinese work for pennies on the dollar compared to Mexico. The company that owns us now is truly a world wide company the nice thing is they like to produce in the region the sell too. 

Now here is the next problem.... Jobs come back and who is going to do the work? School push going to college.  They make factory work and trades the worse idea in the world.

We are attempting to hire like crazy since our population of workers are baby boomers with 30ish years of service.  But we can't find decent hard working people to fill the jobs.

If industry truly wants to make a come back in the US we have to make major changes in society. 

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 09:28:34 PM »
My company has a plant in Mexico.  Actually the plant was started up from equipment from Lincoln. Anyways recently a couple of our production managers took a trip down to see how they were operating. That plant is worried about loosing out to China.

The Chinese work for pennies on the dollar compared to Mexico. The company that owns us now is truly a world wide company the nice thing is they like to produce in the region the sell too. 

Now here is the next problem.... Jobs come back and who is going to do the work? School push going to college.  They make factory work and trades the worse idea in the world.

We are attempting to hire like crazy since our population of workers are baby boomers with 30ish years of service.  But we can't find decent hard working people to fill the jobs.

If industry truly wants to make a come back in the US we have to make major changes in society.

That is exactly why Mike Rowe has founded his non-profit, testifying before Congress, and going on TV to tell the world that the trades are NOT a dead end career field.

http://profoundlydisconnected.com/
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 08:38:36 AM »

Completely agreed.  Even if the jobs come back filling them will be difficult due to the push to send kids to 4 year college, already there's a real shortage of skilled labor, and you're right work ethic isn't what it used to be.  And no, I'm not "Get off my lawn" guy. :P

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 08:18:44 PM »
That is exactly why Mike Rowe has founded his non-profit, testifying before Congress, and going on TV to tell the world that the trades are NOT a dead end career field.

http://profoundlydisconnected.com/
Very interesting.  I will have to do some more looking at this.  Mike seems pretty in touch with reality.
Completely agreed.  Even if the jobs come back filling them will be difficult due to the push to send kids to 4 year college, already there's a real shortage of skilled labor, and you're right work ethic isn't what it used to be.  And no, I'm not "Get off my lawn" guy. [emoji14]

Completely agreed.  Even if the jobs come back filling them will be difficult due to the push to send kids to 4 year college, already there's a real shortage of skilled labor, and you're right work ethic isn't what it used to be.  And no, I'm not "Get off my lawn" guy. [emoji14]
I'm 28 which kind of puts me in this weird spot between generations. I hope we can start turning some of this around.  A strong reality check for people is needed and it is OK not to go to college.  You might have to work a little harder physically but you can make damn good money and live a damn good life. 

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 09:34:23 PM »
A strong reality check for people is needed and it is OK not to go to college.  You might have to work a little harder physically but you can make damn good money and live a damn good life.

A friend of mine has a son and a daughter. The son is an apprentice in a skilled trade. (I've forgotten which one.) He is already making good money with good benefits. The daughter has a college degree in marketing. She is trying to find a job and has loans to pay off.

I was in Mangelsen's a while ago and happened to overhear a young woman with a fine arts degree inquiring about a job there. I doubt that it was for "artist in residence".

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 10:09:35 PM »
thought this pic was funny if it up loads
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”