< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Convicted murderer's sentence reduced.  (Read 622 times)

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
Convicted murderer's sentence reduced.
« on: January 05, 2017, 07:33:07 PM »
http://www.theindependent.com/crimes/news/update-convicted-murderer-s-sentence-reduced/article_55568aee-d22f-11e6-920e-ffd3855a54fc.html

In 1976 and early 1977, this man was a 16 year old part time employee under my supervision.

If you read far enough you will find his attorney making excuses that his brain was not fully developed and that he didn't know what he was doing.

I am here to attest that he DID know what he was doing.  That this was cold and calculated and that he had murder on his mind the whole time.  I know because he tried to get me to buy his ammo.  Saying it was to go shooting rats at the dump.  Luckily, even at age 22, I knew better than to buy ammo for someone else and told him to have his parents buy it.  I  was never called to testify because he pled out before it was necessary.

I wrote to the parole board asking that if he ever did actually come up for parole to please deny it and keep him in jail.  He should have had the death sentence.

He didn't just kill Donald Beery, Jr.  He executed him.  Shooting him in the back multiple times at close range with a .22 caliber rifle. Then driving off.  For a few dollars. 

I don't care how old he was, he was old enough to know better and has no excuse.  He should not be walking this planet. 

If he is released, he will be a menace to society from day one.

The cops tell you if you are robbed to just go along and give them your stuff.  Well no way.  Fight back.  Fight like you never fought before.  Because if you don't, they'll just shoot you anyway.

Sorry for the rant but this just pisses me off!

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Convicted murderer's sentence reduced.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:25:01 AM »
What a loser, keep him locked up!

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 04:38:15 PM »
I understand your concern.  I was a witness in the second 1996 trial of Sydney Thieszen, who murdered his step sister in 1986 and molested her dead body.  He was convicted of 1st degree murder and sentenced to life without parole.

Four years ago the SCOTUS ruled that such sentences were cruel and unusual punishment.  There has been a lot of legal dancing since then.  Knowing his background and the information from some of my former students, who were guards in his wing, and the two psychiatrist who testified that he is so mentally deranged and dangerous he should never be released into the general population, I obtained a CHP.

On Dec 9, 2016, the NE Supreme Court remanded the case back to the District Court of York, Judge Stecker presiding, for "post sentencing relief" and re-sentencing.  I have the printout of the ruling.   It states that the "State v. Castaneda" says little about the likelihood that Thieszen's life sentence would be commuted and does NOT change the discretionary nature of a grant of commutation. 

I believe his hatred of women, branded into him by his teenage mother's vile actions will, as predicted by the psychiatrists,  manifest itself in attacks on women IF his sentence is commuted to time served.  My CHP renewal time arrives this November.

This legal dancing has been going on for 30 years!  30 YEARS!  That is insane! 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:41:03 PM by GreyGeek »

CC

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:42:53 AM »
I believe in giving people second chances except when they with premeditation commit crimes of violence. Even then they can a second chance to redeem themselves but always behind bars. The risk are too great to let them back into society.

Any premeditated crime of violence,battery, rape, attempted murder and murder should have the same sentence. Life without parole. When you intentionally and with premeditation harm someone els you are a danger to society and should be incarcerated for life so you are no longer a threat.

How many criminals commit crimes of violence and repeat after being released?  Way too many to take the risk m

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 07:29:53 AM »
What really points out how absurd and illogical our judicial system has become is the multiple life sentences handed out for a single crime. I read recently were one murderer was given 12 life sentences plus a bunch of months, as if they expected him to resurrect 11 times. 

There are too many laws on the books, attempts to count them have failed, and many former misdemeanors have been turned into felonies with considerable penalties and jail time attached.  Today, if a Zealous Prosecutor wishes, he could convict anyone of almost anything based on almost nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 09:07:41 AM »
They have to release these convicts to make room for the thought criminals.  At least that seems to be where we're headed.  The recent election will hopefully change that direction, but considering the things that put Obama in power and almost put Hillary there too, I think all it will do is slow it down for awhile.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.