< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: We knew it had  (Read 504 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
We knew it had
« on: January 11, 2017, 09:21:48 AM »

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: We knew it had
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 10:21:18 AM »
I've seen people talk about this on other forums. But now reading it.... All I can say is wow.

Im kind of surprised that the European model of gun rights doesn't apply here, since you can buy them over the counter.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 10:51:26 AM »
Once again consumers of liberal media are being grubered.  Some things just never change. 

“Freedom is the freedom to say two and two make four.  If that is granted, all else follows.”  Winston Smith, in George Orwell’s 1984.

Liberal traitors know the power in truth, and use the media they control to overwhelm it with big lie campaigns.  If patriots want to retake the freedoms those traitors have taken from us, we need to counter their big lie campaigns with truth campaigns.  The recent victory of Trump over the liars of liberal media shows that it can be done, though it will not be easy.

The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 10:55:57 AM »
 and this is exactly why I complained about KFAB going to a liberal news service,,  just one more mouth piece doing the lefts bidding
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 10:04:42 AM »
That's cute. "not related to hearing protection..." How many current and former servicemembers have hearing loss issues from being around unsuppressed firearms?How many lifelong hunters have the same issue.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 11:40:06 AM »
Let me play devil's advocate here so we can be prepared for the inevitable counter-arguments of the enemy:

Hunters can wear electronic hearing protection if they choose to do so, and therefore do not need suppressors to protect their hearing.  The electronic hearing protection actually makes them hear better in the field.  And it costs less than a suppressor.

The military can issue electronic hearing protection.  Or it can issue suppressors (as it sometimes does); the law making suppressors difficult and expensive for civilians to get does not apply to the military, any more than any other gun control edict does. 

I would not have framed this as a hearing protection issue.  But the NRA has done a very good job considering the power the enemy wields, so I respect their judgment.  I would argue that the edicts in the NFA are unreasonable and therefore illegal infringements on the 2nd Amendment.  It is not incumbent on us to provide a reason to exercise a Constitutional right; it is incumbent on the proponents of the law to provide an overwhelming reason for any and all infringements on the right, and a case against suppressors simply does not meet that test. 

The critical path is in exposing the lies used to convince people that suppressors meet a realistic test of reasonableness.  And that will be hard to do, since what constitutes reasonable in this context has no definition, and so is essentially meaningless.  That's why patriots really should be coming up with a realistic test of what really does constitute reasonable when it comes to an infringement on a Constitutional right.  Until that's done, these things will all just be a matter of which side does a better job of promoting its argument, and the 2nd Amendment will be more a hurdle than a wall.

This argument being made is related to the sporting-use argument, and to me that argument is a dagger to the heart of the 2nd Amendment.  All sporting-use language should be removed from all gun laws.  Applying a sporting-use test to the 2nd Amendment is like applying an entertainment-use test to the 1st Amendment (i.e., does this news program that criticizes Obama have a legitimate entertainment purpose?).  Sporting use language concedes the fundamental argument to the enemy. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.