< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Stickers on your vehicle, prepper advice and going gray  (Read 2688 times)

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
Stickers on your vehicle, prepper advice and going gray
« on: January 17, 2017, 07:40:25 PM »
Videos well worth the watch....by City Prepping

How Safe Are Your Preps from the Unprepared? OPSEC

The 3 Rules to Become a Gray Man
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: Stickers on your vehicle, prepper advice and going gray
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 08:00:42 AM »
Although I am fairly vocal about firearms I don't have stickers on my vehicles and don't wear apparel that is overtly promoting firearms in my general wear because I don't want to make it known that I am carrying or may be carrying. Many years of living overseas has caused me to try not to stand out very often.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 09:52:19 AM »
I stopped many moons ago having stickers of any kind on a vehicle.  I had a pickup broke in to one night and lost a revolver, One nra and one firearm manufacturer.  Never again. 

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 09:55:36 AM »
I see the people running out and slapping all sorts of stickers (firearms related and not) on their vehicles, and then they look dumbfounded when I tell them that makes them a prime target. With a bit more of a stretch, the US MIL plates that recently came out are another perfect example. Should there be a "lone wolf" attack, easily recognizable license plates are a perfect indicator of targets to remove, as current and former MIL will most likely provide the most resistance.

Regarding the "gray man", sometimes it is beneficial to be unremarkable. Medium height, medium weight, medium build. Blue jeans, boots or sneakers, and a plain T-shirt. Jackets are usually black or gray. Takes next to nothing to remain unremarkable. You can be in the best shape of your life, and by adding even a slight stoop to your shoulders and back can reduce your overall height by up to 3", and reduce your potential "threat projection" by quite a bit.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 12:04:25 PM »
I see the people running out and slapping all sorts of stickers (firearms related and not) on their vehicles, and then they look dumbfounded when I tell them that makes them a prime target. With a bit more of a stretch, the US MIL plates that recently came out are another perfect example. Should there be a "lone wolf" attack, easily recognizable license plates are a perfect indicator of targets to remove, as current and former MIL will most likely provide the most resistance.

Regarding the "gray man", sometimes it is beneficial to be unremarkable. Medium height, medium weight, medium build. Blue jeans, boots or sneakers, and a plain T-shirt. Jackets are usually black or gray. Takes next to nothing to remain unremarkable. You can be in the best shape of your life, and by adding even a slight stoop to your shoulders and back can reduce your overall height by up to 3", and reduce your potential "threat projection" by quite a bit.

as far as clothes,, jeans and a flannel ****  are about the best camo.. and the ever present Carhart sweatshirt will let you  walk almost anywhere,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 12:35:13 PM »
+1
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 01:18:54 PM »
Sadly, I am not in the best shape and most people would not apply "medium build" to me. But I probably don't look like a great threat either.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 03:28:54 PM »
Sadly, I am not in the best shape and most people would not apply "medium build" to me. But I probably don't look like a great threat either.

Now Andy, you're pretty scary in your Pirate gear. Arrgghh!

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 05:15:01 PM »
yea that wooden leg might be a giveaway to
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 05:23:29 PM »
yea that wooden leg might be a giveaway to
Don't forget the parrot. Rrrrrrrr

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 05:46:54 AM »
Don't forget the parrot. Rrrrrrrr

Forget the crackers, I taught to mine to say, "Polly want a Pistol!". ;D