General Categories > Survival/Emergency Preparedness

Stickers on your vehicle, prepper advice and going gray

(1/3) > >>

zofoman:
Videos well worth the watch....by City Prepping

How Safe Are Your Preps from the Unprepared? OPSEC

The 3 Rules to Become a Gray Man

Mali:
Although I am fairly vocal about firearms I don't have stickers on my vehicles and don't wear apparel that is overtly promoting firearms in my general wear because I don't want to make it known that I am carrying or may be carrying. Many years of living overseas has caused me to try not to stand out very often.

Les:
I stopped many moons ago having stickers of any kind on a vehicle.  I had a pickup broke in to one night and lost a revolver, One nra and one firearm manufacturer.  Never again. 

gsd:
I see the people running out and slapping all sorts of stickers (firearms related and not) on their vehicles, and then they look dumbfounded when I tell them that makes them a prime target. With a bit more of a stretch, the US MIL plates that recently came out are another perfect example. Should there be a "lone wolf" attack, easily recognizable license plates are a perfect indicator of targets to remove, as current and former MIL will most likely provide the most resistance.

Regarding the "gray man", sometimes it is beneficial to be unremarkable. Medium height, medium weight, medium build. Blue jeans, boots or sneakers, and a plain T-shirt. Jackets are usually black or gray. Takes next to nothing to remain unremarkable. You can be in the best shape of your life, and by adding even a slight stoop to your shoulders and back can reduce your overall height by up to 3", and reduce your potential "threat projection" by quite a bit.

shooter:

--- Quote from: gsd on January 18, 2017, 09:55:36 AM ---I see the people running out and slapping all sorts of stickers (firearms related and not) on their vehicles, and then they look dumbfounded when I tell them that makes them a prime target. With a bit more of a stretch, the US MIL plates that recently came out are another perfect example. Should there be a "lone wolf" attack, easily recognizable license plates are a perfect indicator of targets to remove, as current and former MIL will most likely provide the most resistance.

Regarding the "gray man", sometimes it is beneficial to be unremarkable. Medium height, medium weight, medium build. Blue jeans, boots or sneakers, and a plain T-shirt. Jackets are usually black or gray. Takes next to nothing to remain unremarkable. You can be in the best shape of your life, and by adding even a slight stoop to your shoulders and back can reduce your overall height by up to 3", and reduce your potential "threat projection" by quite a bit.

--- End quote ---

as far as clothes,, jeans and a flannel ****  are about the best camo.. and the ever present Carhart sweatshirt will let you  walk almost anywhere,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version