< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Public Service Announcement  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Public Service Announcement
« on: January 18, 2017, 04:50:18 PM »
Keep track of when you can renew your CHP.  It was pointed out to me last week that I was within the window for renewal.  Caught me off guard, didn't think it'd been that long.  Time slips away.   The Lincoln Office still doesn't take walk-ins but it was easy getting an appointment and I was told new one would be mailed in under a week.  Rather not have it expire.   :o

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Public Service Announcement
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 07:03:17 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, everyone should check their expiration date and put it on their calendar.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 08:08:22 PM »
Especially in the world of smart phones... you can put your expiration date on your phone years in advance.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 07:42:46 AM »
No problems here.  Mine expired yesterday.  Received my renewal permit... yesterday.   ::)

Fortunately, I was in Omaha and just walked in.  I happened to be in GI the week before and didn't know I needed an appointment there.   They couldn't process me as a result. 

I understand though.  They were absolutely swamped.  Besides me, there was no one in the lobby.  And in the parking lot was filled to the brim with my lone car.  I REALLY had to fight for a parking spot.  ::)

They were swamped I tell you!  :)

I know, poor planning on my part.  I learned my lesson.  Shut up and pay your taxes.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 08:23:46 AM »
A co-worker I call Sarge, was asking about renewal just other day.  Seems between (finally) Retiring from Army, custody battle, buying new, selling old houses, moving and such, he forgot to renew...,..4 or 6 months ago!  DOH!.
Hated to break it to him, but gotta start all over.  Told him, MAYBE I could find him a good patriot CHP instructor that'd give him a break on retaking the class (in honor of his service to our country ;) ? ). I doubt NSP would do anything for him- tied by law.
(Yes, had address changed, but didn't pay attention to renewal date at the time)

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline mercaptan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 01:20:11 PM »
  Do we have to provide proof of training for renewal?  Line S on the app is asking Where, When,Who.

Thanks!

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 03:10:36 PM »
  Do we have to provide proof of training for renewal?  Line S on the app is asking Where, When,Who.

Thanks!
my buddy mark just filled out his renewal you need the same info as when you filed the first time .
they want to know who you took the class from , and when etc. when my time comes i plan on bringing all my paper work just in case.

i think it comes down to if your instructor falls out of favor your class and it's permit granted from said class may fall to a deny renewal status. it is my belief that this would only happen if your instructor fails to cover ALL the mandatory teaching materials in a class and range time and gets caught doing so.
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 03:23:43 PM »

Thanks!
No, hard copy not required.  On the application they ask for Instructors name and when the class was taken and had to be notarized.  The renewal form is on the NSP website.  Easy peasy.