< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 2 suspects in custody in deadly San Antonio mall shooting  (Read 530 times)

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
2 suspects in custody in deadly San Antonio mall shooting
« on: January 23, 2017, 09:33:13 AM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/2-suspects-in-custody-in-deadly-san-antonio-mall-shooting/ar-AAm7wWk?li=BBnb7Kz   read the whole story linked above

Police Chief William McManus said the two suspects robbed a jewelry store at the Rolling Oaks Mall on Sunday afternoon. After the suspects fled the store, a man described by McManus as a "good Samaritan" tried to stop the two men.

One of the robbers fatally shot the man, McManus said. A second individual, who was carrying a licensed concealed handgun, then shot and wounded one robber.
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: 2 suspects in custody in deadly San Antonio mall shooting
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 10:48:01 AM »
Without more details on the incident I am not sure how I feel about how it played out. For personal safety, it might have been better to be a solid witness and note as much detail as I could about the suspects without engaging, but the sheepdog in me wants to engage, without violence preferably, and prevent their escape from the scene so that police can apprehend them. Based on what is briefly said, I don't believe there was a way to non-violently engage so then I would have to just be the witness since engaging would put myself and others at risk. Unless they were to engage first as is indicated but others being shot as well as the good samaritan.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 05:47:59 PM »
If the robbers appear to be intent only on escape, it's probably safest to let them go. In this case, the armed citizen got involved only after he saw one robber shoot someone. That fundamentally changed the situation.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 09:24:33 PM »
If the robbers appear to be intent only on escape, it's probably safest to let them go. In this case, the armed citizen got involved only after he saw one robber shoot someone. That fundamentally changed the situation.

gotta remember to take cover before returning fire,,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 07:55:02 AM »
The first person killed was the Good Samaritan who intervened and, although well intentioned, should have gather as much information as possible but not tried to stop them resulting in his death. The concealed carry person was intervening to protect the Good Samaritan and ended up stopping one of the suspects.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan