< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: LB-68  (Read 7959 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: LB-68
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2017, 12:25:55 PM »
Listening to Heath Mello on the radio. Against LB 68.
Of course he is. That should come as no surprise to anyone.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2017, 04:27:57 PM »
Listening to Heath Mello on the radio. Against LB 68.

This is a truly stunning revelation!!  Not. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2017, 12:34:07 PM »
As I type this my state senator, Matt Hansen, is happily recapping this passed session with the ACLU of Nebraska.   I marked his post on Facebook with an angry face.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Beagle

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2017, 01:24:37 PM »
As I understand it the problem is that the omaha and lincoln police want to keep honest citizens from defending themselves so they  (the police)can fight gangs? ???

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2017, 06:09:25 PM »
That is part of it. Also, we have several representatives from those same cities who would like to be career politicians so they vote with the wind, emotion, and hype instead of the state constitution.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2017, 09:55:15 AM »
That is part of it. Also, we have several representatives from those same cities who would like to be career politicians so they vote with the wind, emotion, and hype instead of the state constitution.

Those interested in a long political career should be reminded that in Nebraska, as in flyover country in general, gun control is a losing issue.  And if they think grovelling before the liars of the liberal press will do them any good they should be reminded that John McCain made grovelling before that big lie machine his life's work, and it didn't do him one bit of good when he ran for President against Obama.  But standing up to that big lie machine is one of the reasons Trump won first the nomination and then the election.  Moral to the story: be like Trump, not McCain.

I think all politicians need to be reminded from time to time that the liars of liberal media are not the voice of the people; they are liars manipulating fools.  Their propaganda campaigns can be effective, but if a true leader stands up to them and speaks the truth in answer to their lies he will be supported by patriots.  And in Nebraska patriots outnumber liberals, even when the liberal herd is expanded by the low information voters that often run with it.  The truth will beat the lies of liberalism every time when a candidate is not afraid to speak it.  And standing up for the right to be armed will get you elected.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:22:57 PM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2018, 01:36:56 PM »
So with 14 days left in the legislative session does anyone know the status of this bill? Has Senator Hilgers said anything lately in this regard?

Offline SgtSt3d4nk0

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2018, 04:47:38 PM »
So with 14 days left in the legislative session does anyone know the status of this bill? Has Senator Hilgers said anything lately in this regard?
LB68
Prohibit certain regulation of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories by counties, cities, and villages as prescribed and create firearm offenses

Introduced by Sen. Mike Hilgers on Jan. 5, 2017

Current status: Select File
Co-sponsors

Read the full text »
History Items
Date    Action    Journal    Votes
Jan. 3, 2018    Title printed. Carryover bill    View Journal Page 9    

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2018, 06:39:44 PM »
At this point we consider LB68 as not making it through the system as there isn't enough time to get it debated and processed, especially with the number of votes we have for it.

We haven't given up, but we will need to get people motivated to speak out and vote in people who will stand up for our rights instead of letting the vocal minority continue to rule the roost.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan