< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Protesters beware  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Protesters beware
« on: February 12, 2017, 11:56:43 AM »
NE doesn't have this law... yet. I can't help but believe that this is a potential for good and bad. Too many people will not be happy if there is another protest like the one on Center street last year.

http://www.cscmediagroupus.com/2017/02/11/tennessee-passes-bill-allowing-people-hit-protesters-blocking-roads/
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline jmsgt

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Protesters beware
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »
I'm not sure why laws like this are needed? If you are driving with due care and someone is standing in the middle of the highway how could you be faulted?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 04:25:59 PM by jmsgt »

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 12:39:17 PM »
Because "pedestrians have the right of way."

It doesn't take into account that said pedestrian is standing in the middle of the road with a bunch of other loonies screaming out obscenities and blocking all the traffic. You are expected to give them the right away or let the police deal with it.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 01:07:42 PM »

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
Because "pedestrians have the right of way."

It doesn't take into account that said pedestrian is standing in the middle of the road with a bunch of other loonies screaming out obscenities and blocking all the traffic. You are expected to give them the right away or let the police deal with it.
Yup, they have the right of way even if they're committing a crime.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 04:50:06 PM »
When deciding whether or not to stop remember Reginald Denny.  He might have thought it would be a peaceful riot (excuse the oxymoron).  Any mob might become suddenly violent even if it does not appear violent at first.

We should have a law like this in our state.  But I can't imagine Ernie Chambers and his herd of enabling Republican sycophants doing it.

If the law forces us to stop for these thugs then those who make the law should be held responsible for anyone who gets harmed because of doing it.  And this includes damage to our vehicle. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 05:29:22 PM »
..then those who make the law should be held responsible....

Would that it ever were.

Guess I see the dark side of this otherwise sensible law in that some Zealot may use it to sorta ride roughshod down the street, knocking off Folks who may not deserve it.

Not much of a Middle Road for things these days.

But then, the Wild-Eyed Media said that allowing CCW would make blood run red in the gutters of the streets.    Hasn't happened.   Won't

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 08:25:09 PM »
 remember the riots in calif,,I will not be pulled from my truck,

NRA Endowment member

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 12:56:15 PM »
Maybe a law prohibiting standing in the street blocking traffic, especially if one is hooded & masked and carrying weapons.  Or, erecting chains or barriers.  Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 02:58:44 PM »
..... remember the riots in calif,...

Worth a read, if anyone can stand reading it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

Warning:   It May Make You Sick to Your Stomach.  And Certainly Will Make You Sick at Heart.   
And it should.............

And there were actually two (2) consecutive sets of riots:   (1) Rodney King Riots and (2) LA Riots.

I tell my household members that at the first mention of a riot on the car radio or else turning the corner to abruptly encounter a large, milling crowd..........then it's time for a really quick One-Eighty and Outta There.

FWIW,

sfgPS:  That Great Law-and-Order President, GHW Bush spoke out against the rioting, stating that "anarchy" would not be tolerated.
How'd THAT work out??

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:04:37 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 04:22:37 PM »
Worth a read, if anyone can stand reading it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

Warning:   It May Make You Sick to Your Stomach.  And Certainly Will Make You Sick at Heart.   
And it should.............

And there were actually two (2) consecutive sets of riots:   (1) Rodney King Riots and (2) LA Riots.

I tell my household members that at the first mention of a riot on the car radio or else turning the corner to abruptly encounter a large, milling crowd..........then it's time for a really quick One-Eighty and Outta There.

FWIW,

sfg
Agreed, the 3 stupid rule comes to mind.

Offline Jhetrick5

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 04:56:04 PM »
As I recall the new law covers ACCIDENTAL encounters with protesters, not intentionally striking then. In any case, doing a quick 180 and getting out of there is my first choice. Also, as I recall, the police blocked off Center Street during the BLM protest last year and kept troublemakers at bay, something that did not make them happy as it took some sting out of the protest. Snipers on nearby buildings also gave them pause as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 10:21:56 AM »
I see a business opportunity here: something to go on cars like what used to be on the front of trains to push cattle out of the way.

Given the right circumstances, if a person is caught in the middle of a riot and has to walk out, it might make sense to fill your arms with loot and pretend to be a rioter.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 01:17:46 PM »
I see a business opportunity here: something to go on cars like what used to be on the front of trains to push cattle out of the way.

That's called a snow plow,,  you can even get one that bends in the middle making a V plow.
 NRA Endowment member

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 11:34:44 PM »
   That's called a snow plow,,  you can even get one that bends in the middle making a V plow.

I was thinking of maybe something more smiley and nice, that wouldn't offend liberals by being intimidating like the cold steel of a snow plow.  What they used to put on trains I believe they called a cow catcher or cattle guard seems like a good pattern, because if it's made for cattle it should work well on liberals.

The snow plow is definitely a good idea though if you don't have a cattle guard, especially the type that can have a V shape.  If I lived in an area infested by liberals and I had access to one I would have it on my pickup at all times.

The people scoops in the movie Soylent Green look like a good idea too, if you have a big enough truck, and another truck to dump them into. 

[edit: After thinking about it some more, a snow plow is a really good idea, since it's designed to remove dangerous masses of snowflakes from roads; this makes it ideal for liberal snowflakes on the road.  But it should have something like a smile-face painted on it, so the precious snowflakes don't feel so intimidated by it; we don't want them being traumatized.]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:37:33 AM by depserv »

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 01:53:48 PM »
 well  its being passed as a law.. Tennessee passes what I personally think should be called a run-em-over law,

https://www.worldnewspolitics.com/2017/02/11/tennessee-passes-protest-law/

NRA Endowment member