< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Pistol optics  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Pistol optics
« on: February 13, 2017, 07:14:21 PM »
Looking for recommendations.  I bought a tactical solutions 6" .22 barrel for a browning buck mark as the original barrel had no threads and I'm wanting to put better sights on it than the original sights that'll "block out the little red schoolhouse at 50 yards".  Question is......scope or some red-dot or?  Not wanting to break the bank but also want something that I don't have to constantly screw with to keep zero.  The new barrel does have a rail.   

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Pistol optics
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 01:17:42 PM »
Burris fast fire or one of the many different ones.  They hold up to abuse on slide mounted optics for center fire pistols. 

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 01:41:21 PM »
Burris fast fire or one of the many different ones.  They hold up to abuse on slide mounted optics for center fire pistols. 

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Thanks I'll check those out. I just have no experience with anything optic wise except rifle scopes, always looking for informed opinions.

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 08:52:30 AM »
My experience has been that red dots are good for quick target acquisition on varmints or action shooting if the targets aren't too small. For any kind of target work where fine shooting for groups or on really small stuff the scopes are better by far. I will say the red dots I have used are all in what one would call the low budget end of things so it could be that higher cost units do better but I have never felt the need to spend the money to find out. Just my two cents worth.

Offline Ivars

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 01:01:41 PM »
Field sport red dot on Amazon is cheap and reported to hold zero on centerfire rifles.  Red dots work for some people but not others.  A twenty dollar test drive before jumping into an Aimpoint.

https://www.amazon.com/Field-Sport-Green-Micro-Sight/dp/B00D4AYBR6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489859561&sr=8-1&keywords=field+sport+micro+red+dot