< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Carrying at Oak View Mall in Omaha  (Read 7299 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Carrying at Oak View Mall in Omaha
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 05:23:40 PM »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 07:55:22 PM »
Concealed is Concealed
That only works if you don't get caught. I don't know Georgia law but, in Nebraska, "No Guns" signs have the force of law. If you are caught carrying past one, the first conviction is a misdemeanor and subsequent ones are felonies. I can't think of anything at a shopping mall that would justify risking a criminal record.

There are better ways to deal with businesses that prohibit firearms. A local mall proposed doing that but changed their minds after many concealed handgun permit holders contacted them with the question, "Why do you want to alienate the customers who are least likely to cause problems?"

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 08:02:28 PM »
That only works if you don't get caught. I don't know Georgia law but, in Nebraska, "No Guns" signs have the force of law. If you are caught carrying past one, the first conviction is a misdemeanor and subsequent ones are felonies. I can't think of anything at a shopping mall that would justify risking a criminal record.

There are better ways to deal with businesses that prohibit firearms. A local mall proposed doing that but changed their minds after many concealed handgun permit holders contacted them with the question, "Why do you want to alienate the customers who are least likely to cause problems?"
In GA, the citizen does not have the right to destroy the constitutional rights of the gun owner.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 09:37:41 PM »
In GA, the citizen does not have the right to destroy the constitutional rights of the gun owner.
According to the HandgunLaw web site, "No Guns" signs do not have the force of law in Georgia. They do in Nebraska and getting caught has serious consequences. The two states also differ on the requirement to notify a police officer that you are carrying when he makes official contact with you. I don't know what Georgia would do about a permit if they received a letter from a Nebraska court advising them of a permit holder's conviction for something that isn't illegal in Georgia.

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 09:18:21 AM »
According to the HandgunLaw web site, "No Guns" signs do not have the force of law in Georgia. They do in Nebraska and getting caught has serious consequences. The two states also differ on the requirement to notify a police officer that you are carrying when he makes official contact with you. I don't know what Georgia would do about a permit if they received a letter from a Nebraska court advising them of a permit holder's conviction for something that isn't illegal in Georgia.
Correct.  It's much more logical here.  Any random Joe can't eliminate your right to bear arms with a note on the door.

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »
A local mall proposed doing that but changed their minds after many concealed handgun permit holders contacted them with the question, "Why do you want to alienate the customers who are least likely to cause problems?"

Just curious, which mall was this? I don't remember hearing about it.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 02:29:13 PM »
Just curious, which mall was this? I don't remember hearing about it.

NEX

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 05:22:00 PM »

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 06:15:07 PM »
I believe they left it to the tenants and only two are posted.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2017, 09:28:13 AM »
Concealed is Concealed
There are ways you could get caught, albeit unlikely.  As I mentioned in the OP what if a fat clumsy obnoxious feminist rubs up against you in a crowded store and feels your gun and then starts screaming "He's got a gun!!!"  and throws the kind of fit liberal cattle are famous for?  Or say you trip and fall and hit your head or break something and have to get taken to a hospital?  Or say a gang of racist liberal bigots like Antifa or something decides you look like a patriot and threatens you with assault; you make it known to them that you have a gun and because of that they back off, and then go call the police and say an evil white man threatened them with a gun in a place that was supposed to be sanitized of such things.  Since no fight took place and since they are multiple witnesses against you being a single witness they make it look like you were some paranoid gun-toting redneck who was simply prejudiced and threatened them based on that prejudice.  You know and they know your gun stopped an assault, and with enough money maybe you can prove that in court, but you will still be convicted of exercising your right to bear arms in a venue where that right has been denied.  Of course not getting beat up by a gang might make that worthwhile I suppose.  But I would rather just stay out of such places. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2017, 09:23:55 PM »
I hear there is something posted at the main entrances, but I have been in and out of the Oak View Mall a great deal and I have never seen anything that looks like something posted. Of course when I go I usually enter through the stores not the main entrances.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2017, 12:39:52 AM »
I hear there is something posted at the main entrances, but I have been in and out of the Oak View Mall a great deal and I have never seen anything that looks like something posted. Of course when I go I usually enter through the stores not the main entrances.
You never should have made this post because now they can prove that you knew...
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2017, 01:36:30 PM »
You never should have made this post because now they can prove that you knew...
Only if heresay is admissible. I have neither confirmed nor validated this information.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan