< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Hook and Bullet People  (Read 644 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Hook and Bullet People
« on: February 23, 2017, 04:40:05 PM »
Not sure where this term was coined, but I would hope that all firearms enthusiast's regardless of genre and fisherman (Sorry Trish) would remember to stick together and not let us fall into thinking "They'll never try to limit what we do"  https://www.usnews.com/opinion/thomas-jefferson-street/articles/2017-02-23/public-lands-offer-democrats-a-chance-to-woo-rural-gun-owners?src=usn_tw

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: Hook and Bullet People
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 09:37:26 AM »
That was VERY slanted and I had to read to the bottom and look at who the author was to see that it was an OpEd piece. It was more of a playbook for the liberals on how to interact and try to win us over than an article on returning land control to the States. Although I do like the idea of the State of Nebraska control over the lands within its border, I am not certain where I stand on returning the land to the states. That would put a lot more burden on the State to pay for management of the lands, but it would also mean that we would not be answering to the Fed laws on those lands.

I won't argue that there is sure to be some small truth to the NRA representing manufacturers interests, but by doing so the NRA is also representing the interests of it's members. The anti-gun people don't understand why we want our firearms and that the manufacturers, whose main interest is to stay in business, want to be certain they can supply us with the firearms we want so they can stay in business. For the most part I believe that most of the actual "gun rights" organizations (Excluding NGO and other fake organizations associated with them who just want our money) honestly want to protect our rights and our heritage and partner with sponsors to be able to afford the costs associated with the efforts to protect those rights.

A great example is our organization. The NFOA does a LOT of work for not just the members but everyone in Nebraska to protect our rights and does it on a shoestring budget. When I became a member of the Board of Directors I was very surprised to find out how few members actually help fund the organization. If we actually had members dues and partners who donated, we could do a lot more to protect our rights and promote the safe use of firearms in our state. But we do what we can because we are diligent with the funds we do receive each month.

I would be remiss if I didn't thank those of you who do donate, on a regular basis or when you can, for supporting the organizations work.

Likewise the NFOA-PAF (https://www.facebook.com/nebraskafirearmspac) is out there working to elect representatives to office who aren't afraid to listen to their constituents and support firearms rights in their districts. The NFOA-PAF needs some financial and volunteer love as well.

All that to say that this article is interesting in that it is a view into how we are perceived and how they liberals want to address us to try and keep control. Thanks for posting it Les.

/soapbox
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »
I've always felt that even if I disagree vehemently with a groups viewpoint I owe it to myself to attempt to see their side of the issue as it adds perspective to my being able to formulate a hopefully coherent counter.  It was interesting to me that they actually put it in print what they're attempting to do.  If they can manage to split different outdoor sporting groups that use firearms as well as fisherman, their job is half done.  Divide and conquer.  And we have an annoying tendency to eat our own at times. 

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 01:12:28 PM »
I've always felt that even if I disagree vehemently with a groups viewpoint I owe it to myself to attempt to see their side of the issue as it adds perspective to my being able to formulate a hopefully coherent counter.  It was interesting to me that they actually put it in print what they're attempting to do.  If they can manage to split different outdoor sporting groups that use firearms as well as fisherman, their job is half done.  Divide and conquer.  And we have an annoying tendency to eat our own at times.
Oh how I wish you weren't right, but you are so right. Especially these days where people are far more likely to have a knee jerk reaction than stop, listen, and think.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan