< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Firearms Industry Goin' On's  (Read 1162 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Firearms Industry Goin' On's
« on: April 01, 2017, 08:38:22 AM »
Here's an interesting news clip about the current state of the firearms industry:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/01/without-obama-once-booming-gun-industry-poised-to-shrink.html

Another interesting development is that .22LR ammunition is now available by the buckets-full just about anywhere.  [ I just bought two (2) 1400-round buckets of Remington Golden Bullet off Armslist for $180.  (6.4 cents/round)  Couldn't have been done in say....2012, 2013.]

Winchester is having 25% rebates on most of their retail ammo.

Times are getting better for Shooting Sports Folks in some ways.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Firearms Industry Goin' On's
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 10:05:33 AM »
Six cents a round still seems high to me, and a lot of what I see is solid point lead, which I am not very fond of.  I remember when a few cents a round for jhp was the norm.  Prices now way outdid any inflation-caused increase.  Hopefully the price will keep coming down.  I remember when going out with my 10/22 and a 500 round brick of ammo was a very affordable afternoon of shooting, and I wasn't making much money back then. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 08:06:02 PM »
Last week when I was in Walmart, they had a sign up limiting .22 ammo purchases to 3 boxes per person. I don't have a .22 so I wasn't buying anyway.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:19:47 PM »
Last week when I was in Walmart, they had a sign up limiting .22 ammo purchases to 3 boxes per person. I don't have a .22 so I wasn't buying anyway.
I think the old guys reselling this stuff at gun shows are still buying it up at Walmart.  Cabelas and Scheel's have buttloads. 

Depserv... I'd like to see Jacketed Hollow Point .22LR
β€œIt is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 09:30:56 PM »
Scheels had a box of 525 rounds for $30 last night (puts it at just under 6 cents a round).

Edited for spelling on my phone.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 09:54:15 PM »
In other news... A class 3 manufacturer is opening soon in Lincoln on N 20th St just North of Cornhusker in the old Fastenal store site

Maybe the group that bought up the old Saber Defence equipment?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 01:08:03 PM »
I don't believe gun sales are down.  When I was applying for my Nebraska had gun permit in Lincoln, they had a pretty nice stack on the desk of the woman entering the data from the applications into the computer.

If nothing else hand gun sales are up by one, the revolver I recently purchased.   Looks like Fox has been infiltrated by a bunch of anti-gun leftists as most of the comments I saw on that story were anti-gun.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 02:15:44 PM »
In other news... A class 3 manufacturer is opening soon in Lincoln on N 20th St just North of Cornhusker in the old Fastenal store site

Maybe the group that bought up the old Saber Defence equipment?
Very interesting, let us know if you hear anything else.  I'm in that area frequently. 

Offline jmsgt

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 02:16:24 PM »
I only have one handgun at the moment and plan to buy one or two more smaller carry guns this summer. I don't feel like the demand for these guns will fluctuate as much as others since so many states are expanding concealed carry.

Anyone have any ideas on where prices will go on 380/9mm carry guns?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 04:15:47 PM »
Very interesting, let us know if you hear anything else.  I'm in that area frequently. 

yes, im very interested as well.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 09:38:21 PM »
While availability of .22 has risen I don't think the retail prices will drop by much, availability has not come back because demand dropped but because manufacturers dropped a lot of money into expansion, money they will want to recoup and make a profit off of. The equipment to make .22 long rifle can only be used to make it, unlike the machinery making center fire cartridges that they can just put new dies in, in fact that is how the run them put one set in and make x thousands of rounds then change them out and make the next batch.