Gear & Equipment > Holsters & Leather Goods

How do you care for your holsters?

<< < (2/3) > >>

SemperFiGuy:
I am fortunate in having one Very Fine Wife and a Whole Household of Very Lovely Daughters.

On various occasions, I've overheard certain conversations about the difficulty of finding a Really, Really Good Bra.   One that fits properly.  Both sides, and all.   (Pls. don't repeat any of this..........  I'm already in Deep Trouble over my enthusiasm for Donald J. You-Know-Who.)

Well, I have come to the conclusion that it's just as difficult--or even much, much moreso--to find a Really, Really Good Handgun Holster.   One that both fits your handgun and also fits your own personal body.   One you can wear all day and forget you're wearing it.   And you can still access and draw your handgun.   And--Oh, Yes--it doesn't mark up your handgun with holster wear.

Which is why anyone who shoots at all eventually winds up with a drawer full of holsters.

And I don't even bother caring for them at all.   Just leave them in the drawer, hoping they'll reproduce......   Maybe come out better next time.  Maybe hybrid holsters, whatever.

As The Donald would say, "So Sad........."

FWIW

sfg

shooter:
 yea, I shot IPSC a long time ago, did pretty good, and won quite a few belt-Holster-mag pouch set ups. like you said,, I used the same ones mostly, and threw the rest in a drawer.. so I went into that drawer  and found a lot of green around the brass screws,, that's mostly what I have to clean off .   

SemperFiGuy:
Y'know...........

Upon pondering this weighty issue, it seems like (a) good, hard scrubbing with Brasso and a toothbrush on the metal, followed by (b) liberal application of Good Ol' Ordinary Neats Foot Oil on the leather would solve the "green" problem.

Until it pops up again.

The white mold that gets on leather holsters can be readily removed with saddle soap and that same toothbrush, up above.

Until it pops up again.

You'll know that you have a Good Military Buddy when he lends you his personal toothbrush for the above tasks and then doesn't holler when you give it back, dirty.

sfg

Mudinyeri:
My daily carry is a hybrid holster - horse hide and Kydex.  I do absolutely nothing to "care" for it.

farmrboy:
Obenaufs is the best I have found for leather care. My motorcycle jacket had been through several rainstorms and was in rough shape. Two coats of Obenaufs, letting it sit in the sun for a day after each application made it feel like new again. I also saved an old saddle that was ready for the dumpster. Great stuff. I bought it on ebay

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version