< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Bad deal for Hawaii  (Read 656 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Bad deal for Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 01:34:48 PM »
Guess they don't like due process any better than the 2nd.  :'( http://www.guns.com/2017/03/08/hawaii-senate-unanimously-approves-controversial-gun-bill/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=58c1199404d3014a24cf60d1&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

quote from the story : “This bill allows law enforcement to take preventative action in situations where information is obtained on possible attacks being planned that involve firearms,” said David Nilsen, Acting Major of the Hawaii Police Department’s Records and Identification Division, in submitted testimony last month. “In today’s environment of terrorism, particularly ‘lone wolf’ terrorists and other active shooter situations, this is a powerful tool that law enforcement can use to protect our community from these attacks.”

i say BS a "lone wolf or terrorist" most likely not going to go around and say guess who/how many i am going to try to kill tomorrow .. maybe some picked on bullied kid may say some thing to a buddy about a gun ?? but to out right say "lone wolf or terrorist" is a joke. if the FBI has credible lintel they would step in long before local pd would. and not to take a gun away but to make an arrest.
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Nebfamman

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Bad deal for Hawaii
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:28:36 AM »
Sure sounds like the " pre-crime" unit from the movie Minority Report has found a home!