< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nice try  (Read 639 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:14:47 PM by Les »

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Nice try
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 10:58:17 AM »
lol so they going to charge the criminals that don't have insurance ... after all their the ones doing most the shooting .... funny how it is all ways the guns fault but never the crimminal types doing the shooting.

snip it from story :
 "For current licensees, they would have 30 days to obtain a policy. If adopted, future new firearms permit holders would have to obtain coverage before applying for their permit."

BUT gang bangers & criminals types do most all the shootings ,  don't have registered guns.
 joe Q public, hard working honest citizens don't go around killing people or do random shots out the car window.

ma and pa types own a gun or two and never fire them or only fire them at a gun range or dirt mound...  the ones that you need to stop shooting others, don't care who gets hit..
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

CC

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 12:43:21 PM »
I don't doubt that they would charge the criminal for not having insurance. Another way to increase the charges and get fines.

Kansas has a drug tax law and they charge criminals for violating it and thus get more fines.

Now some might say, good, pile it onto the criminals, but while I want criminals punished, we must be sure we do it in a fair way because the government will use these same tactics to entrap and punish the law abiding citizen.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 02:17:07 PM »
I don't doubt that they would charge the criminal for not having insurance. Another way to increase the charges and get fines.

Kansas has a drug tax law and they charge criminals for violating it and thus get more fines.

Now some might say, good, pile it onto the criminals, but while I want criminals punished, we must be sure we do it in a fair way because the government will use these same tactics to entrap and punish the law abiding citizen.
Just another way to make it tough on the law-abiding owners.