< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: weatherby home defense shotgun question  (Read 817 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
weatherby home defense shotgun question
« on: March 28, 2017, 10:10:13 AM »
CDNN has a couple of home defense 12 gauge pump shotguns made by Weatherby, one for $200 and the other one for $290.  To me that seems like a low price for anything with the Weatherby name.  Does anyone know anything about these shotguns?  Is there something wrong with them that I can't see in the pictures? 

The only problem I can see is that the safety does not appear to be ambidextrous and I don't like that, but otherwise they look like a good deal.  What seems like a low price just makes it seem like maybe there's some problem with them. 

https://www.cdnnsports.com/weatherby-pa459-12ga-18-5inch-pump.html?___SID=U
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: weatherby home defense shotgun question
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 11:39:57 AM »
Personally, I like tried-and-true platforms for my defensive firearms.  In competition or hunting, a catastrophic failure isn't all that ... catastrophic.  In a defensive situation, it could be deadly.  If I was looking for a value-priced defensive shotgun, I'd probably fall back on the trusty Mossberg 500.  It might be $100 more and it might not be all black but it you wouldn't have to ask if anyone is familiar with it. :D

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 02:35:25 PM »
would rather have a semi auto over a pump for home defense but any thing is better then nothing at all ..

I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 03:17:08 PM »
Food for thought, from one of my favorite mods.