< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Omaha Barber shop shooting...  (Read 1064 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Omaha Barber shop shooting...
« on: February 26, 2017, 04:47:09 PM »
Not sure if anyone posted this.... Bad guy wanted to rob an Omaha Barber shop.  Good guy returns fire.  Alleged bad guy is still alive.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/man-accused-of-trying-to-rob-a-south-omaha-barber/article_9e82ff7e-faaa-11e6-9d97-8b7f9bfcd31a.html

http://www.ketv.com/article/one-person-shot-at-omaha-barber-shop/8975970
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 05:43:34 PM by Mali »
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline RageTherapy

• Forum Member
Re: Omaha Barber shot shooting...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 05:40:58 PM »
Must be "fake news."  Liberals have told me that doesn't ever happen, that it's a myth, a ghost story.   You sure they didn't use kung fu moves on him instead?

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Omaha Barber shop shooting...
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 06:48:10 PM »
It takes Guts to go up against a shotgun.

Even with another shotgun.   (And I'm guessin' such was not the case in this situation.  Article doesn't really say what kinda defensive weapon was used by the Good Guys..  Probably some kinda handgun.   Fact that the Perp actually lived sorta supports this supposition.)

We may all recall that the Walgreens Defender coupla years back went up against a shotgun.  With a handgun.

Took Guts.

That's when you'll be glad you didn't bring your Mouse Gun.

What kinda DamFool robs a barber shop?

Rob a bank.   That's where the money is.

And............banks will not have guns.

Not allowed.   

FWIW,

sfg
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 06:51:46 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 08:35:51 AM »
It takes Guts to go up against a shotgun.

Rob a bank.   That's where the money is.

And............banks will not have guns.

Not allowed.   

FWIW,

sfg

Now SFG, how about don't rob?
My Daughter works at a bank in Papillion that was robbed last fall, and she and her co-workers were quite traumatized by the experience. The fact that the gunmen were never caught haunts her as well.
Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 09:22:34 AM »
[quote]Now SFG, how about don't rob? [/quote]

Well--you know--we live in such an excessively permissive society that such option never really occurred to me.

Sorta like teenage abstinence these days.   Or any other kind of abstinence.   

The Progressives have insisted that any kind of impulse restraint is oppressive and cruel.   Racist.   Sexist.   Nativist.   And just plain Bad, whatever.

And yeah, looking into the end of a gun barrel has to be one of the more traumatizing events in the human experience.   A Stark Moment.  Just one snicket away from Eternity.  Just one perp sneeze or squeeze and it's lights out, toes up.

FWIW, I never go into a bank, a stop-and-rob, or just about any public place without a quick scan of the premises from the outside.   

You don't want to walk up on a Man and interrupt him when he's engrossed in his work.

Give her lotsa hugs.   Warm, comforting DaddyHugs.   That's a good cure for most Bad Things..

sfg
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:35:11 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 11:12:37 AM »
Thanks SFG, it is funny my daughter was the tough one who kept her cool and did what the robbers wanted.
Had a gun pointed right at her, I am proud of how she reacted.
The bank did change the entry system so now customers get buzzed in after they remove their hats and masks!!
She has always been situationally aware, this experience has changed her some and maybe made her more cautious.

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »
Pretty Clear Here that You Have.......

A Pretty Cool Daughter.

She's probably a Cool, Pretty Daughter, as well.

sfgps>  With these kinda positive results, for the Good of Mankind, we may have to breed you some more.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 06:25:22 PM »
Several months ago, somebody held up a muffler shop.

banks will not have guns. Not allowed.
If I remember correctly, authorized bank security can be armed but no one else.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 07:48:03 PM »
If I remember correctly, authorized bank security can be armed but no one else.

True.

When I taught the Handgun Identification Card (Open Carry Permit) classes at National Safety Council, we had quite a few uniformed security guards attend the classes so that they could openly carry holstered handguns at Omaha banks and elsewhere.   Couriers and armored car personnel who enter Omaha banks with exposed holstered handguns must have Omaha open carry permits.

And statewide, bank management can authorize their employees w/concealed carry permits to carry concealed within bank premises.

Banks generally abhor guns and seem to have a standard policy of handing over the money politely, then (a) pushing the alarm button and (b) calling the insurance company.

sfg
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:05:22 PM by SemperFiGuy »

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 02:20:15 PM »
According to an episode of The FBI FIle I watched its better to rob armored cars. Which I think makes sense. A bank has its money, an armored car is transporting money from multiple banks. Of course it requires more people to rob armored cars so more to split the money with.

The series also claims most bank robbers don't actually brandish their guns and take the employees and customers hostage like they do on TV. Most just hand over a note with "this is a robbery" written on it. And may not actually show a weapon. And yes, most bank tellers just hand over the money, cause according to the narration they're taught to cooperate to avoid anybody getting hurt,

Both The FBI Files and The Forensic Files keep having their narrators say "pistol" then they show a revolver.  I keep expecting them to say "rifle" and show a shotgun. But I haven't seen that yet.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:24:33 PM by StuartJ »
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason