< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Reply from Don Bacon  (Read 807 times)

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
Reply from Don Bacon
« on: March 30, 2017, 01:24:26 PM »
Has anyone else rec'd a reply with "Dear Unknown......"? From Rep. Bacon. Thought it was kinda odd, so just wondering, not professional, even it was in jest. BTW, he answer all my correspondence with the same salutation.

Isn't he a member here?  Anyone know his user name?

March 8, 2017

Dear Unknown <name>,

Thank you for reaching out to my office. We take feedback very seriously and I value your perspective.

H.R. 249, the Defunding United Nations Act of 2017, has been referred to the House's Committee on Foreign Affairs. This bill calls for the withdrawal of funding for the United Nations from the United States.

We need to have a strong voice in the U.N. to defend our values and allies, such as Israel. I support reducing funding, but we must be bold and be willing to advocate for change from within. If we completely defund the U.N., then we lose much needed leverage to create changes needed. Reduce U.N. funding, but do not completely withdraw all funding. Funding decreases will pressure the U.N. to reform.

The United Nations is flawed and some of the decisions made by the body have undermined our security, as well as that of our allies. However, we will not see the change we need by sitting on the sidelines.

We have a large voice if we are there and willing to use it. The previous administration failed to use that voice many times.

Again, thank you for contacting my office and please feel free to do so at any time. I am honored to represent the great Second District of Nebraska.

Respectfully,

Don Bacon
Member of Congress

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Reply from Don Bacon
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »
It's probably an error in the programming that they haven't noticed yet.