< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: deleted  (Read 4790 times)

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Morality ( for lack of a better word) of open carry
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »
when it comes down to brass tacks .... just the fact that your armed is the best step ..

cc oc flip a coin ... it comes down to what you feel most comfortable with...
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2017, 11:20:32 AM »
But never to worry I'm sure I'll be back to "screw them it's not my problem" soon enough.

That right there seems to be clear evidence that you are missing the point.

On the other hand, your initial post made me think either "troll" or "anti-self-defense person" in the first place.

Here's why:  Recently, I've seen a spate of similar posts elsewhere by progressives on varying topics such as women's self-defense, armed self-defense, and so on. 

In every single case, the argument boiled down to "You should let it happen to you, otherwise you are responsible for it happening to someone else."

Which is obviously nonsense.  We aren't responsible for the actions of others, and telling people that they shouldn't defend themselves (whether armed or not) are the actions of someone who is interested in making victims.

This isn't a zero-sum game in that in all cases the attacker has to win somewhere.  If he doesn't attack you, maybe he doesn't attack ANYONE that day.  If he doesn't succeed in a crime here, doesn't mean that he will succeed elsewhere.

Why don't we do the SMART thing and teach enough people so that he doesn't succeed anywhere?

Do you leave expensive objects in sight in your unlocked car when you are away from it?  No?  Why not?  Isn't locking your car door just passing that crime along to someone else?  Aren't you a horrible person for just passing along that crime to someone else, and not caring?

Sounds stupid said like that, yes?  Well, it sounds MORE stupid when we are talking about defending our lives. 

Like I said, I've recently seen this exact same type of lack-of-thinking applied to women's self-defense, and it sounds even MORE stupid when someone says "teaching women to defend themselves is morally wrong because it just means they care more about their own safety that anyone else's, and when the attacker rapes someone else, it'll be their fault."

What a crock.  Seriously.

If you think taking the responsibility for your own defense (and the defense of your loved ones) equates to "screw them" then there isn't much I can say, other than you are not only wrong, but that type of thinking is reprehensible since all it does it convince people to be helpless victims.

You go ahead and take one for the team, bub. 

The rest of us adults will teach our loved ones to keep themselves safe.

Teaching them to "go ahead and be victims" is morally wrong.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Nebfamman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 12:51:10 PM »
Deleted

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:28:11 PM by Nebfamman »

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 05:47:49 PM »

On the other hand, your initial post made me think either "troll" or "anti-self-defense person" in the first place.

You go ahead and take one for the team, bub. 

The rest of us adults will teach our loved ones to keep themselves safe.

Teaching them to "go ahead and be victims" is morally wrong.

What did you do?

One post and he chaged his name and deleted his posts!

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Re: deleted
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 06:09:22 PM »
I realize I'm new but, it seems to me that we need to stop sniping at other members and somehow pull together to help with the current legislative agenda we have.  Focus folks...........

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 07:53:21 PM »
 :o
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2017, 08:57:58 PM »
Thomas, you were warned about this attacking style, and now you have crossed the line.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.