< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraskans for Civic Reform  (Read 989 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Nebraskans for Civic Reform
« on: April 10, 2017, 10:38:50 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/nereform

Anyone here know anything about this group?  They've been putting a lot of posts on Facebook, promoting something they call automatic voter registration.  My opinion is there are already too many stupid people voting in this state; we don't need to increase that number.  If we do what they are suggesting, the inevitable effect can only be an increase in the size of the liberal herd voting.  This would be bad for our cause, and for freedom in general, since fools are easily duped into voting away their freedom.  And my guess is that's the purpose of this attempt.

There is a right to have a gun clearly written in both the federal and our state Constitutions, but even the most ardent supporters of the right are not trying to get a law passed saying that government will take everyone by the hand and lead them through the process of getting a gun; we are expected to be able to exercise that right on our own.  Those who choose not to are free to make that choice.  The same thing should apply to voting.

I was pointing these things out on their posts and now find that I no longer have the option of replying to them (imagine that). 

To me this looks like a bad thing for our state.  But there are many here who know the political scene far better then I do.  So I'm curious about what others here think of this.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 08:10:09 PM by Mali »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline jmsgt

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Nebraskans for Civic Reform
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 12:41:49 PM »
How does it work exactly? I read a couple articles but they don't talk about specifically how it works. Do you just get registered as a non-partisan when you turn 18? It's already very easy to register in Nebraska. You can do it online through the Secretary of state's web page. Voter registration is also an optional part of the driver's license application form (is it on the state ID form too?) I don't really see an issue with this. Nebraska is a little weird since we have a unicameral and most of the elections are non partisan.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 08:19:17 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/nereform

Anyone here know anything about this group?  They've been putting a lot of posts on Facebook, promoting something they call automatic voter registration.  My opinion is there are already too many stupid people voting in this state; we don't need to increase that number.  If we do what they are suggesting, the inevitable effect can only be an increase in the size of the liberal herd voting.  This would be bad for our cause, and for freedom in general, since fools are easily duped into voting away their freedom.  And my guess is that's the purpose of this attempt.

There is a right to have a gun clearly written in both the federal and our state Constitutions, but even the most ardent supporters of the right are not trying to get a law passed saying that government will take everyone by the hand and lead them through the process of getting a gun; we are expected to be able to exercise that right on our own.  Those who choose not to are free to make that choice.  The same thing should apply to voting.

I was pointing these things out on their posts and now find that I no longer have the option of replying to them (imagine that). 

To me this looks like a bad thing for our state.  But there are many here who know the political scene far better then I do.  So I'm curious about what others here think of this.

Just like the right to bear arms, and the right to free speech, we are all guaranteed the right to vote regardless of we are an ultra-conservative, an ultra-liberal, or stuck somewhere in the middle. I would rather lose to those who disagree with me than deny anyone their rights. We just need to make sure that we are getting out the message to all eligible voters and trust that our message is better.

I am very concerned with the idea of auto-registering voters as there needs to be some check on non-eligible registrations. Bad enough that there is zombies voter from the grave and illegals being welcomed as it is, how would an automatic system prevent all the other ways they can be faked as well?

Not supporting this idea without a LOT more information.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 09:33:29 PM »
Ask them where they stand on requiring showing an ID to vote and you'll have your answer.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason