< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Armslist, why do I even bother?  (Read 2870 times)

Offline cz75shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Armslist, why do I even bother?
« on: April 20, 2017, 08:44:15 PM »
So I listed my CZ on Armslist before selling it to Mudinyeri through this forum, and this afternoon I get this email from someone who had previously contacted me:

I am glad that you respond to my email, i am really interested in buying the arm, what price are you giving it out as the last price, i am currently located in Texas at the moment, i would like to have the gun shipped. Do not worry about shipping fee as I will cover that.

I know that you might not be willing to ship due to past experience or no experience about shipping but do not stress yourself as I have an ffl you will be shipping to and like I said earlier I will pay for the shipping. I will be making payment through certified cashier check which won't take more than 24-48hrs to clear in your account which only after that you will shipping to my ffl. Send me the name and address where you want me to mail the check to.

Attached is my ffl signed copy

Hope to read from you soon

Anyway, I'm having him send me his phony cashier's check to made out to "Ruby Doodle" (my bloodhound/sheepadoodle puppy) so I'll update once it arrives.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:49:45 PM by cz75shooter »

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Armslist, why do I even bother?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »
BATF's website says the FFL is valid to a
License Number:

5-75-XXX-XX-XX-07344

Expiration Date:

08/01/2018

License Name:

MATT MURROW LLC

Trade Name:

DALLAS GUN AND SUPPRESSOR

Premise Address:

4101 EAST SIDE AVE STE C
DALLAS
TX - 75226

Mailing Address:

5111 MANETT APT 206
DALLAS
TX - 75206
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 09:47:56 PM »
 OOPS

I thought it was a fake to,   but he didn't want to send you a $5,000 check and have you send him back the difference,

I played with one of those once, guy actually sent me a check from out of country, for a truck  on craigs list,   so I said sure,  he sent me the check, and I never  even tried to cash it.. but bank checked it as fake,

guy started threatening me, by e mail,.      I told him I was keeping the money ..  this went on for a few weeks, was a great time
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline cz75shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »
BATF's website says the FFL is valid to a
License Number:

Yeah, looks like a valid FFL. Some FFLs won't send copies of their licenses to non-FFL individuals because they end up being abused like this. I'm sure this FFL isn't involved in this, just some scammer who'll send me a phony check for twice the amount I'm asking and then ask me to send them the extra back via Western Union or something like that. One of the examples I found:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?547489-Armslist-used-in-scam!!!

Offline cz75shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 09:57:04 PM »
I played with one of those once, guy actually sent me a check from out of country, for a truck  on craigs list,   so I said sure,  he sent me the check, and I never  even tried to cash it.. but bank checked it as fake

I've played around with these guys before. I once sent a scammer fake flight information and told him he could pick me up at Charles de Gaulle Airport, and after he didn't find me there, I sent him on a wild goose chase around Paris. Got another one to send me personalized fake documents via email and then tricked him into calling a Secret Service field office. But this is better because it actually costs them something to put a fake check in the mail.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 06:34:43 AM »
Well, one reason for listing w/Armslist is that they will actually let you list an item for sale.

If you try listing/selling with Gunbroker.com, they will want to run you through some sort of lister's validation process that is more complicated and frustrating than applying for a line of credit at a bank in some town where you don't live.

One odd thing about the coupla items I've listed on Armslist:   The listing process never asks if you will ship the item or not.   Yet when it pops up on the listing, it is shown as:   SHIPPING??   NO

Go figger.   But then, Armslist is free.   And it even works..........sometimes.

sfg
BTW:   Might be a nice courtesy to MATT MURROW, LLC (FFL) to give him a buzz and let him know of this situation.   He might want to follow up w/the BATFE.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:39:01 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 07:15:20 AM »
I've always had pretty good luck with Armslist but always need to do your due diligence, same thing happens on Craigslist too.  Often gets very entertaining, but only if you're in the mood for it.   

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 08:12:01 AM »
No reason to list anywhere but here. ;)

Offline cz75shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 02:46:33 PM »
Seems legit.

Thanks for getting back to me with the address to mail the payment to , i will start working on getting the payment to you and I will as well be responsible for the shipping fees like I said earlier which would be included in the check as well and also there will be extra funds on the cashier check as to avoid delay i will have my pay check from a contract I executed. It will be mailed to you instead of me to avoid delay in the payment as I do not have any account to issue check from right now, so upon the clearance you will deduct the agreed price + shipping and the extra $75 for securing the arm for me while i will make proper arrangement on how you will get the extra funds on the payment to me, also i want you to remove the ads from armslist, so I'll be rest assured its for me, and he will mail the cashier check out tomorrow morning or next. Let me know if you do not have any problem with this to avoid further misunderstanding

Send me your cell phone that i can reach you on anytime, for better communication.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 03:11:25 PM »
[quote]No reason to list anywhere but here.[/quote]

Then howya ever gonna meet Scammers?   

Scammers to mess with, like up above.

No Scammers here on the Forum.

And................Mess w/NFOA Forum guys, they'll beat you up.

FWIW,

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 04:22:59 PM »

FWIW,

sfg

Hmmm ... good points.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 05:17:16 PM »

FWIW,

sfg

we don't beat them up.
   Got a backhoe goes 27 ft deep. and a 600 acre corn field. throw them in the alive
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 06:22:24 PM »
     we don't beat them up.
   Got a backhoe goes 27 ft deep. and a 600 acre corn field. throw them in the alive
Lol, nice I'll have to remember that, I have dirt work to do from time to time.   8)

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 09:27:08 PM »
Dang,... you guys are a bunch of savages!

:o

:laugh:  :P

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 08:54:55 AM »
     we don't beat them up.

I really think I need to become friends with you, in preparation for when my daughter starts dating....

Offline CustomSatellite

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 03:47:25 PM »
     we don't beat them up.

One and 1/2 bags of lye per. Any jmore is a waste.  :P

Offline cz75shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 01:51:40 PM »
$6.65 in postage!