< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: USCCA  (Read 2624 times)

Offline LatinoHunter

• Forum Member
USCCA
« on: April 24, 2017, 09:52:52 AM »
I get emails to join the USCCA. Want to know what others think about joining the USCCA.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Re: USCCA
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 11:00:01 AM »
https://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/business-reviews/gun-safety-and-marksmanship-instruction/us-concealed-carry-association-in-west-bend-wi-1000008667/reviews-and-complaints

i read thru all the reviews. the reviews were all replied to by the company and they hold A+ rate

seems a few people complained about auto renewal ... but seems the same people would complain if it was not renewed ...  so as long as you know your going to see a automated billing and if you do want to unsubscribe you have to call them

not much in the way of complaints left besides the few that don't believe their gun a day contest is real ...

i am not a member but this info may help ..
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 10:23:07 PM »
I am a member and have been since I received my CCP several years ago. They do a great job of communicating with me and made sure I had full knowledge of how to contact them if I have an incident, including wallet cards, and if I have a problem. I accidentally signed up twice and they noticed it, called me to verify, and then canceled the second membership right away after confirm that this is what happened. Since my father and I have the same first and last name I have had things get mixed up between us (medical records used to be a BIG problem before they started checking DoB) so this extra level of verification was great to see. Since I started my coverage has increased for the same price as well.

They do a great deal of training including weekly YouTube videos, articles, and emails so I am always learning something new. On top of that we get a copy of Concealed Carry Magazine, which is, to me at least, far more informative that anything the NRA ever sends me. They are also working on an app, currently only available for the iPhone, that will help with knowing the local laws and reciprocity where ever you are located.

I find them affordable, well supported, and worth the time and money. I would recommend them to any member of my family, and I have.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline LatinoHunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 06:24:25 AM »
Thank you both for the information. I will consider signing up once I have my conceal carry permit.  ;D

Offline ibdone

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 11:12:42 PM »
I haven't signed up yet but was considering CCW Safe due to it having a lower buy-in price and some additional services.  However, after reading Mali's post I may need to reconsider...

https://ccwsafe.com/page/Quick-Comparison-of-Service

CC

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 06:13:22 AM »
I Googled USCCA complaints and found a lot of unhappy people. Lots of happy people too., but now I'm leery.

I see NRA has a similar program CarryGuard.

The issue that I found while researching is like anything you have to read the small print to understand what you're buying.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 05:35:50 PM »
I Googled USCCA complaints and found a lot of unhappy people. Lots of happy people too., but now I'm leery.
First remember that the upset person is more likely to say anything than the happy person.  They need to vent and the web gives them that without worry for consequences.

I see NRA has a similar program CarryGuard.
Funny thing you mention the "new" NRA program. The NRA actually disinvited the USCCA from the NRA conference without saying why and then announced the Carry Guard program.

The USCCA released a document comparing their programs today: https://d3rmvquxnxa9wt.cloudfront.net/pdf/guides/USCCA_CarryGuard_ComparisonChart.pdf

I realize it is from the USCCA so it will slant their way, but at least it give info comparing the two.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 07:32:19 PM »
I've been a USCCA member for two years, you get a lot of extras with your membership, so far I'm happy with it.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

CC

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 07:21:00 AM »
The comparison chart was helpful. Thanks.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 06:22:21 PM »
I wouldn't trust the USCCA to take out my trash, the guy is constantly trying to sell, sell sell junk. I was a member when it first started.... Never again

I'm a believer in the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.... Click on their add to the bottom right of this page

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 08:09:21 PM »
I wouldn't trust the USCCA to take out my trash, the guy is constantly trying to sell, sell sell junk. I was a member when it first started.... Never again

I'm a believer in the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.... Click on their add to the bottom right of this page

Talk about email spam! USCCA is the worst.

I am an ACLDN member too
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 02:12:08 AM »
?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:25:07 AM by farmerbob »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 05:38:12 PM »

I will agree that I get an email most every day, but I honestly feel that the volume of paper mail from the NRA is worse than an email a day from the USCCA. I will generally just take a quick look at the email, register for the free drawing for a gun, and then delete the email.

As far as the ACLDN, please explain why you chose their coverage over others. I, and other I am sure, am interested in the reason for picking them, not just that you did.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:43:24 PM by Mali »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 07:55:36 PM »
For me the total package was just what I was seeking, plus Mas Ayoob's expertise being available to me as a defense expert if needed. I also liked the lack of hype and high pressure sales techniques.

Read this buyers guide for more info

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/buyersguide
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.