< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: SIRT pistols  (Read 1443 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
SIRT pistols
« on: April 24, 2017, 03:53:19 PM »
Does anyone here have any experience with these training aids?  They look interesting but before buying one I'd like to hear from someone who has had experience with them. 
1. Are they similar enough to the real thing to be worthwhile for training?
2. They offer a choice between a polymer slide and a steel one; they say the steel one is the exact right weight and the polymer one is just a few ounces less.  The polymer one costs about a hundred dollars less.  Anyone have experience with the steel one maybe being a whole lot better?
3. Is there anywhere in the Omaha area where these things are sold?

https://nextleveltraining.com/product/sirt-110-training-pistol-2/
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: SIRT pistols
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 04:12:22 PM »
look at your right side and click on the LASR ad.  John's based in Lincoln and has a show room.  i bet you can try them out there.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:26:41 PM »
I have one.. the steel version with both green and red lasers.  I use it all the time in CHP classes.  When I do use LASR it's with the SIRT pistol.  I've never messed with the trigger or reset, guess it's not that big of a deal to me, but you can.  I did swap out the sights with some Glock factory sights because the SIRT ones are awful. 
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 08:12:42 AM »
If you really want to step it up and not" chase the dot", go with the infrared version and the compatible LASR  camera.   

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 01:49:05 PM »
I agree with giving LASR a call.  They Support the NFOA and are a great group. 

My take on the SIRT they are a great training aid but the triggers suck even when adjusted.  Laser color is your preference if you buy some of the cheaper shot locators make sure they will work with the color you get.  Holsters work for any full size Glock or M&P.  They have a new CC version coming it that it is its own animal.  LASR with have that SIRT with holster out soon as they are released from my understanding.

Strongly look into LASR App.  It works really well to track your progress.  I have tried some of the other products out on the market but there are none that give you so many options.

My father has a full set up with IR lasers and camera system.  We can set up a scaled course of fire  on the wall run on the clock.  It's a little light sensitive but once you get it figured out it's easy to work with.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 09:30:57 AM »
I have the NFOA's  SIRT  in my safe, if you in Lincoln, your welcome to handle it. Then again, a trip on down Cornhusker, and you can try out a few, Plus the LASR software 

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dave1215

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 02:32:10 PM »
Does anyone here have any experience with these training aids? 
3. Is there anywhere in the Omaha area where these things are sold?

https://nextleveltraining.com/product/sirt-110-training-pistol-2/

Have had several training sessions with one and did like it.  I actually just ordered the CC version they came out with.  I like it to supplement between dryfire practice and actual range time shooting brass.   Trigger time without ammo expense...

88 Tactical, a forum supporter, does have the 110 (Glock version) in stock - not sure if they have the 107 (M&P) or CC in stock.