< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Looking for a quality appendix IWB holster for CZ75 P-01  (Read 2483 times)

Offline schmobson

• NFOA Full Member
Looking for a quality appendix IWB holster for CZ75 P-01
« on: April 26, 2017, 04:44:13 PM »
There does not seem to be much out there for the P-01. Anyone else find anything good?

I prefer appendix, and I am left handed.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Looking for a quality appendix IWB holster for CZ75 P-01
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 05:56:37 PM »
I have been happy with JM Custom Kydex.  You may want to look at this one:

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB.html

Offline schmobson

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 08:00:30 PM »
I have been happy with JM Custom Kydex.  You may want to look at this one:

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB.html

Thanks for the tip. What options did you choose? clips or loops? and what does "extra tuck" mean? Sorry for my noobieness, I literally just got my CHP in the mail today. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 09:01:43 PM »
I'm not able to wear appendix style, so I don't have that exact model.  I wear the IWB 3 about 4 o'clock.  I'm right handed.   Mine has the 1.5" clip and full guard.  The clip is very secure with my belt from Midwest Leather Works (an NFOA sponsor here in Omaha).

The "extra tuck" option is for the AIWB.  It's one of their ways of trying to "tilt" the gun for better concealment.  It's an alternative to the "wedge". They show a comparison of those two options in the FAQ.  http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/FAQS.html

For some history on the wedge:  A guy in Oklahoma by the name of Spencer Keepers designed a "wedge" for his AIWB holsters (http://keepersconcealment.com) which "tilts" the gun in a way that it presses against your body.  You can see it in this video starting at 0:31 attached to the body facing lower portion of the holster.

Personally, I'd probably use a wedge over the super tuck option.  The downside to the wedge as folks have learned is they compress over time and eventually need to be replaced.

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 12:42:54 PM »
I like my Crossbreed though I don't use appendix carry very often. I like that none of the metal parts of my pistol are against my skin. This summer your sweat won't do your pistol any good.

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 03:47:34 PM »
I like my Crossbreed though I don't use appendix carry very often. I like that none of the metal parts of my pistol are against my skin. This summer your sweat won't do your pistol any good.
Absolutely!  That's why I purchase my Kydex holsters with the full guard, to keep contact off my skin.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 07:26:37 PM »
If you want  a Aiwb I highly recommend something with a claw. Similar to this.

Clips may vary but some of that is personal preference.  What ever you do do NOT but a holster with kydex clips or loops. They will fail stick with injection molded.

I make kydex holsters in Lincoln (Linc-Dex Gear. I don't have that preticular mold gun if you in Lincoln I can use your gun as a mold. I'm also more then happy to answer questions   

I would also commend either Omega Holsters in Texas or Holster Co in Michigan.  Both make high quality gear. 

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk