Handguns, Rifles & Shotguns > Rifles

Palmetto PA-10 Gen 2 Build

(1/7) > >>

Mntnman:
Pretty quiet around here lately so I'll make a post....

A while back I posted about Palmetto State Armory having their PA-10 Gen 2 rifle kits on sale. I couldn't resist and purchased it and the lower. It shipped rather fast and I quickly threw it together. It was missing the bolt catch spring, though, and I was kicking myself for not having extra parts laying around. I did go out and shoot it without and it had no hiccups through 25 rounds of break in.

I hand polished the trigger and have to say that it is about as great of a milspec as I have ever shot, really happy with it.

I have also put Magpul MOE pistol grip and ACS buttstock on it. I also have put a Limbsaver recoil pad and Strikeforce King comp on it but haven't gotten out to shoot again. I was surprised at the amount of recoil with it. I had hickies on my shoulder all week. It doesn't help that I haven't shot since deer season. ::)

I am really glad that I bought it. I always wanted to have a .308 but they seem to think they are worth $1500 or more. I want to build an upper in 7mm-08 or 6.5 Creedmoor to go with it but that'll lead to just finishing another rifle anyway. :P

Hardwood83:
Do you have any pictures?

I'm a big fan of my budget .308 AR (Pro-Fab from AIM) too.

Mntnman:
No, but I will take some this weekend when we have our shoot. I have to say that I was prepared for all kinds of malfunctions after watching the YouTubes. All the vids seemed to be 2014 and prior. I would buy again if I had the cash, absolutely.

Mntnman:
I can't download the pictures because they are too big. I have tried to lower the MB but haven't gotten below 1200 MB.

orion:

--- Quote from: Mntnman on May 22, 2017, 10:07:59 PM ---I can't download the pictures because they are too big. I have tried to lower the MB but haven't gotten below 1200 MB.

--- End quote ---
Resize them in Paint.

You can take a 3+mb picture, down size it to a 1/3 of it's original size and get it to under 600kb or... join something like photobucket, upload pictures to it and post links.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version