< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Palmetto PA-10 Gen 2 Build  (Read 6068 times)

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Palmetto PA-10 Gen 2 Build
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »
That is a good price on the 2-7.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2017, 04:24:23 PM »
I didn't use my AR 10 during deer season but did take it out and shot a little bit. Found out the 5 round mags that I had bought don't work in it.  :-[ So I bought some 10 round magpuls and minus five limiters today and hope that will get me within the  regulations of 6 rounds.

I still had not committed to a scope but after borrowing a friends Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 and finding one for $243 shipped, I have one on the way as well as a PEPR style mount. I think I'll try and harvest a doe in January. I am going to do some research on ammo with low flash to sight in with as we are trying to plan a trip to Texas again and night hunting is likely. One guy shot at one in the dark last time and he said the flash was really bright on his 308.

JimP do you have any updates on yours?

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2017, 06:11:44 PM »
Thank you, sir. Gotta figure out how to free up some money now. So glad the wife doesn't read the forums. :D

Were you able to acquire one of these instruments?

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 06:14:35 PM »
Well, deer season went REALLY well for my daughter using the PA-10: took 3 shots, all between 250 and 300 yards (measured with range finder) .... 1 miss (over) and two nice bucks on the ground!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 08:51:14 PM »
Were you able to acquire one of these instruments?
Regrettably no. Budget is currently pointed at other targets. That doesn't mean that I can't reload and change aim eventually. ;)

Well, deer season went REALLY well for my daughter using the PA-10: took 3 shots, all between 250 and 300 yards (measured with range finder) .... 1 miss (over) and two nice bucks on the ground!
That is so awesome. If you get a chance post pics in a thread for us to drool over.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 08:29:21 AM »

That’s fantastic shooting. Good for you guys!  I had one daughter missed two shots at 120 yards and one dropped a 4x4 buck in his tracks at 70 yards with the first ar I built in 300 blk. I plan on having the .308 ready for late season rifle.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 08:38:30 AM »
A couple of Pics........ PSA PA-10 (Gen 2) in 308WIN ...... A2 Rifle EPT  Lower and 18"  Barreled upper with 15" M-Lok handguard .....  at a bit over 10 pounds, it's a heavy gun ..... but that mitigates recoil really well ....... from sticks or the bottom of a blind window, she shoots it really well ......  :D
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 08:48:52 AM »
We used both Magpul 10 rounders ( Thanks Jay Jevne!) with the Minus 5 limiters (found at Silencer HQ in Bennet, NE ) and metal 5 rounders bought at Ft. Crook Armory and Supply.   Both work well so far, with the Magpul rigs being cheaper and easier to work with with gloved hands (deer season is generally cold).

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 08:59:33 AM »
neat pics.  you're going to make deer jerky and share with the whole class, right?   ;)
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 09:06:37 AM »
Robert, We made 50+ pounds of meat into jerky  ...... but sent 95% of that back to 11th Company Wardroom at the United States Naval Academy ...... all eaten now.  Sorry, you are in the wrong class.......  ;)

.... also made 80+ pounds of Summer Sausage .....  Can bring some to a meat-up sometime ....

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2018, 03:34:07 PM »
Well, I still have not hunted with this build, maybe this season I will get her out.

Started with gen2 PSA AR10 build kit and modified with:

Magpul MOE pistol grip
ACS buttstock
Limbsaver recoil pad
Strikeforce King comp
low pro gas block
slim m-lok free float grip
polished nickel enhanced trigger from PSA
KAW Valley reduced trigger springs
1-6 Strike Eagle Vortex on generic ar mount

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2018, 06:01:40 PM »
Looks good, Mntnman!

Give us an AAR!