< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: seen this on my msn home page  (Read 1320 times)

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
seen this on my msn home page
« on: May 16, 2017, 02:48:18 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/moves-to-ease-gun-carrying-restrictions-expand/ar-BBBc2do?li=BBnbfcL

the second paragraph looks good..

More states are giving their residents the right to carry a concealed handgun without permission from authorities—including two this year, bringing the total to 12—while Congress is considering legislation to make that right portable across state lines.
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: seen this on my msn home page
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 06:44:49 AM »
The page is no longer available for some reason. Imagine that! :laugh:
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »

It worked for me,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 10:27:13 AM »
No state gives its citizens the right to carry a concealed weapon; the Federal Constitution recognizes and codifies a God-given right of people to have the means to defend themselves, as individuals and as a group.  Some states simply obey that law more than others. 

The Fourth and Second Amendments combined should make laws against concealed carry obviously illegal: if there is a right to be armed, as there is, and there is a right to do things in a way government can not see you doing them, which there is, there is a right to bear arms that government agents don't know you have.

The phrase "shall not be infringed" following the phrase "bear arms" should be enough though. Concealed is the common way for arms to be borne by civilians in times of relative peace, and there are big advantages in good guys bearing concealed arms instead of carrying them in the open. This makes laws against concealed carry infringements, and therefore illegal.

The laboratory of experience has proven that allowing concealed carry, with or without a permit, does not increase crime or violence and in fact lowers it. But even if that was not the case, a right is still a right. If citizens exercising a right creates a public danger, it is up to Congress and the states to amend the Constitution, if the right is unpopular enough. But unless they do, it's still a right, whether or not government people like it.

The Fourth and Fifth Amendments are good examples of this. How often are known criminals released because of these rights, so they are free to commit more violence? But they are still upheld. And do you know why? Because they are rights, not privileges, and they are treated as such. And the Second Amendment is a right too.  It just gets treated like a privilege by corrupt governments.

It's time government starts treating the 2nd Amendment like the right that it is.  Until it does, any government entity not obeying the law is in effect a criminal gang: those in government are not above the law. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 11:16:33 AM »
still works 4 me
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 02:36:32 PM »
still works 4 me
Apparently they don't like Chrome. I used IE and it worked fine.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan