< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 2.2 Mile shot  (Read 998 times)

Offline jschenck

• NFOA Full Member
  • IT Guy
2.2 Mile shot
« on: June 22, 2017, 02:27:40 PM »
 :o   "The Canadian Special Operations Command can confirm that a member of the Joint Task Force 2 successfully hit a target from 3,540 metres"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/22/canadian-sniper-sets-world-record-with-2-1-mile-pickoff-isis-fighter.html

"The new record was set using a McMillan TAC-50, a .50-caliber "

Improving myself by shooting F-Class F/TR

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
Re: 2.2 Mile shot
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 12:34:26 PM »
I saw this the other day- truly remarkable having to calculate the earth's rotation into your shot. Math for the win! Suck on that barbaric vermin.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 01:39:28 PM »
 Ive read several different articles on this, not one has said how many shots it took, no way did he do it in one shot,

also been trying to find the drop at over 2 miles?
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 03:47:13 PM »
this is the story i read a few days ago http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/report-record-2-mile-sniper-shot-kills-isis-militant-in-iraq/ar-BBD1Qjl?ocid=spartandhp

5: U.S. sniper Bryan Kremer in Iraq (2004): 2,300 meters  i think i seen a HBO show and it took him 4 or 5 shots. if i am remembering correctly ?

i too would like to know how many shots it took
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 10:16:31 AM »
It would seem to me that this kind of thing would make political leaders a little nervous.  I think if anti-gun bigots had been more successful with their attempts to outlaw post-19th Century firearm designs (so-called assault weapons), by now we would be seeing a campaign to limit range, using a slogan like sniper weapons.  Remember that snipers killed JFK and MLK (though not at especially long range).  The deer and target rifle would become the weapon of the sniper.  This shows why it's a good idea to defend the right even if the arms under attack are not to your personal liking.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline jschenck

• NFOA Full Member
  • IT Guy
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 01:34:17 PM »
Think about that - they were probably packing up their gear before the sound even reached the target area. 
Come to think of it weren't the crazy's doing the DC sniper shootings a few years ago using a bolt gun?  How is anyone going to blame the hardware on that?

yet those opposed to the HPA (H.R 367) say that "silencers will cause death and destruction" such as this beauty of a writeup

http://www.independent.com/news/2017/jun/18/news-commentary-silencer-your-pocket/

"One would think that in the case of a mass shooting, the presence of a silencer would make it that much harder for intended victims to realize they’re under attack. Or where the attack was coming from. One would also suppose that such delays would serve only to expand the ultimate body count. One might suppose the outcome of this equation — weighing the inconvenience of wearing earplugs against the inconvenience of being dead forever — would be obvious. But according to studies cited by the American Suppressor Association — yes, they do have associations for everything — and the National Rifle Association, my reckoning doesn’t really add up. That’s because suppressors are almost never implicated in acts of criminal violence. And gun control advocates don’t dispute this. They argue this fact serves only to illustrate just how well the existing restrictions are working."
Improving myself by shooting F-Class F/TR

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 10:19:44 PM »

Come to think of it weren't the crazy's doing the DC sniper shootings a few years ago using a bolt gun?  How is anyone going to blame the hardware on that?

No, the single, white, middle-aged male in a van that turned out to be young and middle aged black males in a car used one of those icky black rifles.