General Categories > Carry Issues

Concealed Carry in Omaha

<< < (3/3)

hilowe:
Live and work in Omaha.  Work is posted no conceal carry, but has armed guards in the lobby.

Parking is not close, and I'm not comfortable leaving my gun in the truck all day when it's a distance away.  So, I carry next best thing.  Quick open knife in my pants pocket.

So, unfortunately, M-F, I'm typically unarmed because of work.  If I have time to run home after work to change clothes, I'll put my gun on. Weekends, unless I've got kids sports that are forcing me to be disarmed, I've got it on me.

HuskerXDM:
I'm not going to speak for Chris Z, so he can chime in if he remembers the conversation differently, but I recall talking with him at the NFOA day at the legislature a year or two ago and I think we both agreed that somewhere between 90-95% of students who come through our respective classes don't carry on a regular basis.

ClearCreek:
I’ve heard of Omaha, but have no insights into CCW there. Where I am I carry 100%. Always have.

SemperFiGuy:
CLEARCREEK:

Heck, out there in God's Country you can still drive your pickup around all day with the long guns slung across the rear window. 

And you don't even ever have to lock up your truck when you go into the coffee shop, either.

Whoever located Omaha at the far east end of a very big state did us gunfolks a real disservice.  Shoulda stuck Omaha right in the middle so there'd be places to shoot and hunt in every direction.

I'd say move Omaha to North Platte, but then those folks would hunt me down.

Now.... FWIW, i live in Omaha--obviously--and check for four (4) items when leaving the house:

>Car keys
>Cell phone
>Wallet
>Social Security (and NOT that card-with-a-number thingie, either.)

This list gets somewhat truncated if I am headed for certain restricted destinations.

sfg

npgriff:
I carry daily but not continuously.  My shop is in a colorful part of Omaha (16th and Manderson St., North Omaha for you westerners) and I always carry there although I have never had any trouble at the shop.  Traveling to and from has been a little more unsettling.  The summer of 2020 was a little bit nerve wracking in some of the area that I pass through I participate in several activities that because of the wonderful restrictions we have here in Omaha I cannot carry during those activities.  I always have a weapon available in my truck, properly locked away when I am not there. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version