< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Auto Knife - EDC Is it against the law ?  (Read 5385 times)

Offline FLUFF

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Auto Knife - EDC Is it against the law ?
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:55:08 PM »
I have a Microtech Socom ELite auto knife with a 3.25" blade  that I bought from our Champion recruter at a gun show, It's my EDC knife, along with my Gerber Multitool, ect
I am Planning on going to the Big Buck classic in Omaha in a couple weeks to step up and work the table and do my part for NFOA.
I got to thinking a CCW (firearm) is not permited in the Qwest Center, Is my EDC knife concidered a (gasp) conciled weapon ?? How about Omaha in general or the rest of the state.

I carry my auto every day, all day , everywhere. The mall, the bank , Walmart, church, ect, ect. I don't want to push my luck with some abscure law that I don't know about.

I have been looking at a new Benchmade knife. Not that I really need one. I just have these urges to buy knives and guns. It's like a sickness.

Any thoughts ??

Have you done your part for NFOA  ???

FLUFF

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Auto Knife - EDC Is it against the law ?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 11:15:23 PM »
I don't know about Omaha, but Lincoln has a statute banning auto knives.

I WILL be carrying my Griptilian on Saturday. Axis lock is nearly as fast as an auto
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline tut

• Forum Member
    • Tuts words
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 10:25:10 AM »
Schools, malls with "no guns" signs, etc are full of people NOT armed and therefore are the softest targets.  Westroads anyone?  I'm sure there were a good number of people at the hunting show with enough sense to discretely carry, and did so.  The reason a person carry's, and trains, is in hope that if the unthinkable happens it has a better chance of being stopped with a handgun than a cell phone.  If lives, including your own, are in danger and innocent lives could be saved by taking action with a handgun, why would you not want one with you?  Did you really go the the event unarmed?  I bet not.  I'd hope not.  After all, if your life was about to be taken by a knife or gun wielding thug at a gathering of sheeples, would you rather be a (illegal) law following victim or a (illegal) law breaker that saves your own life?  I either do not go at all to these things or i go armed.  Period. It pisses me off when people think that following illegal laws and potentially placing themselves in further jeopardy is a good or noble thing.  If a guy is 20 feet from you shooting up a crowd, what are ya gunna do, throw your knife at him?  "It will not happen" is a great response, but explain that to families of the Von Maur shooting, Columbine or Virginia Tech or to the victim's families of any of the more recent shootings.  Look up "Dr Suzanna Gratia Hupp" and her experience at Lubby's.  She was not armed, being a law abiding citizen and thinking about what others would say that day...  Anyway, I've finnished my rant and if needed the moderators at large can delete this post as well, i feel better knowing i've inserted some common sense and exercised free speech and if that bothers anyone, well, I'm simply following the FIRST TWO AMENDMENTS of our Constitution and if you delete this because you are offended you might want to examine YOUR feelings about those first two ammendments!
Imagine how gun control might be stomped if either of the NON-COMPROMISING lobbying groups, the Second Amendment Foundation or Gun Owners of America, had the NRA's 4 million members!

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 11:15:16 AM »
Tut - You have stated what many of us feel. "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6".
WØCHF

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 07:33:11 AM »
According to Nebraska state statute, something with a 3.25" blade is not a knife:

Nebraska - Crimes and Punishments. 28-1201. Terms, defined...
   (4) Knife shall mean any dagger, dirk, knife, or stiletto
   with a blade over 3-1/2 inches in length or any other
   dangerous instrument capable of inflicting cutting,
   stabbing, or tearing wounds...

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 10:32:43 PM »
What tut failed to recognize is that the first and second amendments to the US Constitution only protect one from the government.

They will not protect you from the Admin.

If you post in violation of the agreement you all signed on registration, expect a warning. IF you throw that warning back in the face of the admins, you will be put in a time out.

Registration Agreement
http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,3767.0.html
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 01:25:31 PM »
Thread hijack: where is it written that Qwest/Century Link is off limits?  I've never seen it posted, and was not aware of anything in the statute that would prohibit it.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 02:26:43 PM »
Husker, Century Link does have a couple of signs, but they are few and hard to see.  Other than that one must be careful because they hold college athetic events there, so no carrying during those.  My guess is OPD would call the cheer leader compitions ect. that get held in the confrence space "atheletic events" to go after someone.