< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: How to avoid being murdered  (Read 1271 times)

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
How to avoid being murdered
« on: August 05, 2017, 09:53:17 PM »
How to avoid being murdered (according to Homicide Hunter: Lt. Joe Kenda):
1. be innocent. few murder victims are truly innocent. yes some times people get hit by a stray bullet meant for someone else, but its rare.
2. don't be coming out of bars at closing time ("nothing good happens after midnight")
3. don't buy, self or use narcotics or associate with people who do
4. try to marry well. don't marry a psychotic

BTW he says based on the days and times of the cases he's s solved, the most likely time to be murdered is 1:21 AM, on a Tuesday.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:53:59 AM by StuartJ »
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Re: How to avoid being murdered
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 10:37:54 AM »
i think # 1 should be stay out of any area considered to be a Ghetto say like Chicago , Baltimore , Detroit , N Omaha ....   

http://heyjackass.com/ will show Chicago's shooting numbers , people shot/hit and those murdered 

on the link below  :you have to select a "Time frame" to start . then Age , gender , race , zip code , District , Cause of death ...  i selected this year and left the rest set to "all" then re-searched one by one "race" at a time to see the changes in the map. seems to be at least in the Baltimore area if your Asian your least likely to be a murderer/murdered
http://data.baltimoresun.com/news/police/homicides/?range=none&district=all&zipcode=all&age=all&gender=all&race=all&cause=all&article=all&show_results=Show+Results

wish Omaha had a map like this
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 10:56:21 AM »
i think # 1 should be stay out of any area considered to be a Ghetto say like Chicago , Baltimore , Detroit , N Omaha ....   

I think that's covered by number 3.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 02:54:53 PM »
“Don’t go to stupid places. Don’t hang out with stupid people. Don’t do stupid things.” ~ John Farnam’s advice for avoiding violence
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller