< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lancaster fair sign  (Read 2862 times)

Offline H2O_King89

• NFOA Full Member
Lancaster fair sign
« on: August 06, 2017, 05:49:51 PM »
Was wondering if this holds anything for CCL holders?  Not placed at the entrance and the and you can walk in from any where   

I'll try and upload a picture later today of the sign

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Lancaster fair sign
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 09:03:06 PM »
I haven't seen the sign, but I did email the online contact address since there was a stabbing last night:

Subject: Super fair policies

Hello!  I found a short list of general fairground policies on the fair website, but specifically am wondering if licensed concealed handguns are permitted.

Thank you,

Dave
---
Yes they are as long as you follow NE State laws.

Thanks!

Amy Dickerson
Managing Director

D 402.441.1810
O 402.441.6545
C 402.429.1950
E  adickerson@lancastereventcenter.org

A nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization
dedicated to growing community through
events like yours, and the Super Fair

Visit us:
lancastereventcenter.org
4100 North 84th Street
Lincoln, Nebraska 68507
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline H2O_King89

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 01:13:19 AM »
I only seen two of these signs and there at the ticket stands inside the midway.

To me they hold nothing to my CCL... i do wish we had a sign like MO

photo is too large for here. here a link
https://prntscr.com/g5a0ah]

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 02:12:23 AM »
that is Texas' law.  they had that last year.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 08:49:04 AM »
IIRC  the Super Fair itself is CHP friendly, BUT... the Carnival company would rather you not.
β€œIt is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 09:38:42 AM »
IIRC  the Super Fair itself is CHP friendly, BUT... the Carnival company would rather you not.
I'm guessing this means you can bear arms at all of the fair but if you go into the carnival area you can't, is that correct?  If that's the case, all patriots who go to the fair should boycott the carnival company, and let them know why. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 09:48:48 AM »
Do "no guns signs" carry force of law in Nebraska?  Can a sign really strip you of your right to carry?

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 10:00:33 AM »
Laufen:  The answer is yes.  Nebraska Revised State Statute 69-2441(2) specifically allows the "owner or operator" of a business to clearly post the restriction against concealed carry in their establishments.  The complaint that we and others have is their is no "official" signage required.  NSP offers an "example" but it is not an official document.  The business can simply place a piece of cardboard with the words "No Concealed Handguns" in magic marker and they are technically good.

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 10:07:00 AM »
Laufen:  The answer is yes.  Nebraska Revised State Statute 69-2441(2) specifically allows the "owner or operator" of a business to clearly post the restriction against concealed carry in their establishments.  The complaint that we and others have is their is no "official" signage required.  NSP offers an "example" but it is not an official document.  The business can simply place a piece of cardboard with the words "No Concealed Handguns" in magic marker and they are technically good.
My goodness, that's terrible.  I hope there's an effort to get that bit of legislation changed. 

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 03:54:34 PM »
My goodness, that's terrible.  I hope there's an effort to get that bit of legislation changed. 

Yes we've been trying, but several members of the Judicial Committee of the legislature has been pretty unfriendly, even to small changes that they perceive might benefit gun owners. 
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 09:25:50 AM »
Yes we've been trying, but several members of the Judicial Committee of the legislature has been pretty unfriendly, even to small changes that they perceive might benefit gun owners.
I like to take any opportunity to point out that there is a two to one majority of Republicans to Democrats in our state legislature, and the governor is a Republican, so there is no excuse for the legislature to be so hostile toward gun rights.  Patriots need to get involved in a big way in the nomination processes and get RINOs replaced with loyal Americans. 

Voters should be reminded that position on gun control is a good litmus test for politicians. Opposition to gun control is not in and of itself proof of loyalty to America (though it does indicate it), but support of it is proof of disloyalty.

There are three reasons for this: 1, gun control is based in lies, so one who supports it necessarily has to be a liar; 2, it is clearly and verifiably illegal according to the United States Constitution (as well as the Nebraska state Constitution), showing those who support it to be unwilling to obey the law; and 3, arms are a form of power, and those who want that form of power held exclusively by government typically want to do the same with all forms.

Many years ago my father, who was a patriot, got involved in state politics, and I remember him referring to the state Republican Party as a "dirty little party."  I see now that he was right, and that sad truth hasn't changed.  My guess is the Party has betrayed us, and continues to do so, because for too long too many good men have done too little.  How extreme does the betrayal have to get before good men decide to put an end to it?

I have to admit to being a hypocrite, since I could do a lot more than I do.  But I'm getting fed up and I think I'll try harder to get RINOs replaced on the ballot by loyal Americans.  Is there any way we could get a list of Republicans who have been hostile toward the right to be armed?  And maybe a list of any Democrats who might not be hostile, if any such animal exists.  Knowing who the enemy is shows us where our efforts need to be concentrated.

Also, we should be talking to the state Republican Party leadership about this.  Let them know that as long as the Republicans in the state legislature remain derelict in their duty to defend the right to be armed they will get no money from patriots.  Maybe we should take a closer look at Libertarians, if there is no practical difference between Republicans and Democrats.

Another thing, does Nebraska have a recall procedure?  If we do we should be using it.  And if we don't, can we maybe get a petition drive going to get one on the ballot?  Colorado used a recall election awhile back to remove two sleazy anti-gun politicians who had run as loyal Americans and then betrayed those who elected them.  We should be able to do the same.

The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline H2O_King89

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 10:02:41 AM »

But for CCL holders doesn't the establishment have to mark all entrances?

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 12:55:57 PM »
So "operator" covers the midway, because those people don't own the property the carnival is on. 
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 01:30:43 PM »
IIs there any way we could get a list of Republicans who have been hostile toward the right to be armed?  And maybe a list of any Democrats who might not be hostile, if any such animal exists.  Knowing who the enemy is shows us where our efforts need to be concentrated.

I think a good litmus test for who is truly for and those who are truly against firearms freedom will be the upcoming activity and voting on LB-68.  Senator Hilgers who brought the bill forward during the last session and through it's first vote on the floor will be speaking at our Members Meeting on the 26th.  It would be great to see a majority of our members attend our meeting that day, not only to hear from the Senator, but to discuss with us, the board, ideas for accomplishing the very things you posted.  It's a team effort.  We cannot sit back and idly watch our rights being stripped from us because we think we have a majority in the Unicameral that "thinks" the same we do.  When we show up to testify and have 3 to 5 testifying on our side, and 10 to even 20 testifying against us it makes these elected officials squeamish (IMHO). Even if folks can't attend in person, a short email detailing your position, entered into the record for a hearing speaks volumes.  We will be hearing from Dick Clark on the 26th as well about how to do that in an effective way. 
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 03:26:19 PM »
I think a good litmus test for who is truly for and those who are truly against firearms freedom will be the upcoming activity and voting on LB-68.  Senator Hilgers who brought the bill forward during the last session and through it's first vote on the floor will be speaking at our Members Meeting on the 26th.  It would be great to see a majority of our members attend our meeting that day, not only to hear from the Senator, but to discuss with us, the board, ideas for accomplishing the very things you posted.  It's a team effort.  We cannot sit back and idly watch our rights being stripped from us because we think we have a majority in the Unicameral that "thinks" the same we do.  When we show up to testify and have 3 to 5 testifying on our side, and 10 to even 20 testifying against us it makes these elected officials squeamish (IMHO). Even if folks can't attend in person, a short email detailing your position, entered into the record for a hearing speaks volumes.  We will be hearing from Dick Clark on the 26th as well about how to do that in an effective way.

Thanks for the reminder.  I just bought a ticket.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 07:15:57 AM »
But for CCL holders doesn't the establishment have to mark all entrances?
In short, Yes. If you go in an entrance that is not posted and then they call you on it, it is hard for them to enforce because there was no notification. However, as stated many times before, it will most likely fall to you to prove it wasn't posted rather than to them that it was.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan